Shipwreck Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.8 °C
Shipwreck in Lagos and West is an exposed sandbar break that has very reliable surf. Offshore winds blow from the north. The ideal swell direction from the south. The sandbar breaks favour lefts. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here. Watch out for obstacles,.
Overall Shipwreck Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This image illustrates the variation of swells directed at Shipwreck over a normal June... (show all text)
The graph describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shipwreck surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lagos and West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shipwreck
Tide stations nearest to Shipwreck:
- Closest tide stationBadagry17 mi
- Second closest tide stationLagos Bar18 mi
- Third closest tide stationMushin18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationEbute Ikorodu28 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationEjirin55 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Shipwreck:
- Closest ski areaOukaimeden (Morocco)1857 mi
- Second closest ski areaMichlifen (Morocco)1941 mi
- Third closest ski areaSierra Nevada (Spain)2160 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Etna Nicolosi (Italy)2283 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Etna Linguaglossa (Italy)2300 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Shipwreck:
- Closest city locationBadagry17 mi
- Second closest city locationIkeja19 mi
- Third closest city locationLagos23 mi
- Fourth closest city locationEbute Ikorodu28 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIfo29 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shipwreck is Lagos Murtala Muhammed Airport (LOS) in Nigeria, which is 28 km (17 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shipwreck is Cotonou Cadjehoun Airport (COO) in Benin, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Ibadan Airport (IBA) in Nigeria, 142 km (88 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shipwreck, Lagos and West. Use the tab navigation above to view Shipwreck sea temperature, Shipwreck photographs, Shipwreck detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shipwreck webcams, current wind from Lagos and West live weather stations and Shipwreck tide predictions. The Nigeria swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Nigeria and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Nigeria wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shipwreck.