Shelly Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind SW
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.4 °C
Shelly Beach in Port Macquarie is an exposed beach break that has quite consistent surf The best wind direction is from the southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Be wary of sharks, they are not unknown here.
Overall Shelly Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram describes the variation of swells directed at Shelly Beach through a t... (show all text)
This picture shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shelly Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to NSW - Port Macquarie surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shelly Beach
Tide stations nearest to Shelly Beach:
- Closest tide stationSawtell9 mi
- Second closest tide stationNambucca9 mi
- Third closest tide stationNambucca Heads10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationToormina11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCoffs Harbour16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Shelly Beach:
- Closest ski areaSelwyn Snowfields457 mi
- Second closest ski areaPerisher487 mi
- Third closest ski areaCharlotte Pass491 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThredbo496 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaFalls Creek551 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Shelly Beach:
- Closest city locationCoffs Harbour15 mi
- Second closest city locationPort Macquarie65 mi
- Third closest city locationLismore118 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTamworth131 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBanora Point162 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Shelly Beach is Coffs Harbour (Coff's Harbour) Airport (CFS) in Australia, which is 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Shelly Beach is Tamworth Airport (TMW), also in Australia, 219 km (136 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shelly Beach, NSW - Port Macquarie. Use the tab navigation above to view Shelly Beach sea temperature, Shelly Beach photographs, Shelly Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shelly Beach webcams, current wind from NSW - Port Macquarie live weather stations and Shelly Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shelly Beach.