Shelly Beach Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(East Coast of Victoria, Australia)
Shelly Beach Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.0 °C
Shelly Beach on the East Coast is a reasonably exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the north northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Reef breaks provide lefts and rights. Best around high tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of rocks and sharks.
Overall Shelly Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Shelly Beach over a normal May. ... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shelly Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to VIC - East Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shelly Beach
Visitor Reviews of Shelly Beach
Tide stations nearest to Shelly Beach:
- Closest tide stationPhillip Island10 mi
- Second closest tide stationStony Point16 mi
- Third closest tide stationWesternport16 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHastings21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFrankston East32 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Shelly Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)58 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Baw Baw (Australia)68 mi
- Third closest ski areaMt St Gwinear (Australia)70 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)76 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)112 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Shelly Beach:
- Closest city locationCranbourne (Australia)31 mi
- Second closest city locationFrankston East (Australia)32 mi
- Third closest city locationGeelong (Australia)58 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHoppers Crossing (Australia)59 mi
- Fifth closest city locationMelbourne (Australia)59 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shelly Beach is Melbourne Moorabbin Airport (MBW) in Australia, 68 km (42 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shelly Beach is Avalon Airport (AVV), also in Australia, 98 km (61 miles) away.
- Third is Melbourne Essendon Airport (MEB) in Australia, 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Melbourne International Airport (MEL) in Australia is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Albury Airport (ABX), also in Australia is the fifth nearest airport to Shelly Beach and is 308 km (191 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shelly Beach, VIC - East Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Shelly Beach sea temperature, Shelly Beach photographs, Shelly Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shelly Beach webcams, current wind from VIC - East Coast live weather stations and Shelly Beach tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shelly Beach.