Sheeps Jaw Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Wales – Gower, UK)
Sheeps Jaw Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.0 °C
Sheeps Jaw on Gower is a fairly exposed reef break Offshore winds blow from the south southeast with some shelter here from southwest winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. It can even get crowded enough to be dangerous.
For Burry Port, 10 km from Sheeps Jaw.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Pembrey Sands, 12 km from Sheeps Jaw.
|light winds from the NW|
At Pembroke Buoy, 34 miles from Sheeps Jaw.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5||5||5||6|
Overall Sheeps Jaw Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Sheeps Jaw through a typical May... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sheeps Jaw surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wales - Gower surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sheeps Jaw
Visitor Reviews of Sheeps Jaw
“Sheeps Jaw is the name given to the break on the little beach located just north of Bury Holm. At high tide this area is entirely covered by the sea.
It faces NE and you might imagine it might be good alternative to nearby Llangennith when the wind is blowing from the SW making it onshore there. It isn't. Surprisingly little swell gets in here. The waves have always been poor here whenever I have seen it. So poor in fact that I haven't bothered going in. I suspect that the location would make for some strong tidal currents too.
If there is a good swell running and you need to get some shelter from a SW wind, head further north to Blue Pool Corner or Broughton. These are much better than Sheeps Jaw.”
webmaster from UNITED KINGDOM - 07 Mar 2010
Tide stations nearest to Sheeps Jaw:
- Closest tide stationBurry Port6 mi
- Second closest tide stationLlanelli8 mi
- Third closest tide stationMumbles15 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSwansea17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBriton Ferry21 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sheeps Jaw:
- Closest ski areaAnother World Ski and Snowboard Centre (United Kingdom)181 mi
- Second closest ski areaRaise (United Kingdom)210 mi
- Third closest ski areaHarwood Common (United Kingdom)231 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club (United Kingdom)231 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss (United Kingdom)231 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sheeps Jaw:
- Closest city locationLlanelli (United Kingdom)8 mi
- Second closest city locationSwansea (United Kingdom)16 mi
- Third closest city locationBriton Ferry (United Kingdom)21 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNeath (United Kingdom)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCoity (United Kingdom)33 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sheeps Jaw is Swansea Airport (SWS) in Wales, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sheeps Jaw is Cardiff Airport (CWL), also in Wales, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is Bristol Airport (BRS) in England, 113 km (70 miles) away.
- Exeter Airport (EXT) in England is 116 km (72 miles) away.
- Bristol Filton Airport (FZO), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Sheeps Jaw and is 119 km (74 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sheeps Jaw, Wales - Gower. Use the tab navigation above to view Sheeps Jaw sea temperature, Sheeps Jaw photographs, Sheeps Jaw detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sheeps Jaw webcams, current wind from Wales - Gower live weather stations and Sheeps Jaw tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sheeps Jaw.