Shark Pit Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.7 °C
Shark Pit in Maui is a fairly exposed reef break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. Both left and right reef breaks. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of rocks,urchins and sharks.
Overall Shark Pit Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Shark Pit over a normal April. It ... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shark Pit surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Maui surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shark Pit
- The closest passenger airport to Shark Pit is Kapalua (Lahania-kapalua) Airport (JHM) in Usa Maui Isl., 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shark Pit is Kahului Airport (OGG), also in Usa Maui Isl., 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Third is Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl., 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Hana Airport (HNM) in Usa Maui Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Shark Pit and is 69 km (43 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shark Pit, HAW - Maui. Use the tab navigation above to view Shark Pit sea temperature, Shark Pit photographs, Shark Pit detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shark Pit webcams, current wind from HAW - Maui live weather stations and Shark Pit tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shark Pit.