Shark Country Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.3 °C
Shark Country in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. A left hand reef break. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rocks/sharks.
Overall Shark Country Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
The figure illustrates the variation of swells directed at Shark Country through an ave... (show all text)
This chart describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shark Country surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shark Country
Visitor Reviews of Shark Country
Learned to surf in 1965 at Shark Country. Would paddle out off of the rocks at Pupu Pl. My two older brothers surfed there too.
Rode a stripped down and reglassed 10'2" Duke Kahanamoku single fin board.
Still surf now at 59 years old. Plan to spend Thanksgiving, 2013, at Sunset Point and catch some if it's not too big.
Great memories of Ewa Beach & Shark Country!”
Jim Lewis from UNITED STATES - 20 Nov 2013
Tide stations nearest to Shark Country:
- Closest tide station'Ewa Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPearl Harbor Entrance, Bishop Point, Oahu Island3 mi
- Third closest tide stationWaipahu5 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPearl Harbor, Ford Island Ferry, Oahu Island6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWaipi'o7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Shark Country:
- Closest ski areaMt Ashland (United States)2499 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Shasta (United States)2505 mi
- Third closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)2520 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)2542 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaDodge Ridge (United States)2543 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Shark Country:
- Closest city locationWaipahu (United States)5 mi
- Second closest city locationPearl City (United States)6 mi
- Third closest city locationMililani Town (United States)10 mi
- Fourth closest city locationHonolulu (United States)12 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKane'ohe (United States)16 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shark Country is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shark Country is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Shark Country and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shark Country, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Shark Country sea temperature, Shark Country photographs, Shark Country detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shark Country webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Shark Country tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shark Country.