Shark Country Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.8 °C
Shark Country in Oahu is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the north northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. A left hand reef break. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rocks/sharks.
Overall Shark Country Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Shark Country over a normal Ja... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shark Country surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to HAW - Oahu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shark Country
Visitor Reviews of Shark Country
Learned to surf in 1965 at Shark Country. Would paddle out off of the rocks at Pupu Pl. My two older brothers surfed there too.
Rode a stripped down and reglassed 10'2" Duke Kahanamoku single fin board.
Still surf now at 59 years old. Plan to spend Thanksgiving, 2013, at Sunset Point and catch some if it's not too big.
Great memories of Ewa Beach & Shark Country!”
Jim Lewis from UNITED STATES - 20 Nov 2013
Tide stations nearest to Shark Country:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station5 mi
- Fourth closest tide station6 mi
- Fifth closest tide station7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shark Country is Honolulu International Airport (HNL) in Usa Oahu Isl., 9 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shark Country is Kaneohe Bay Mcaf Airport (NGF), also in Usa Oahu Isl., 30 km (19 miles) away.
- Third is Dillingham Airport (HDH) in Usa Oahu Isl., 36 km (22 miles) away.
- Molokai Airport (MKK) in Usa Molokai Isl. is 97 km (60 miles) away.
- Lanai Airport (LNY) in Usa Lanai Isl. is the fifth nearest airport to Shark Country and is 125 km (78 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shark Country, HAW - Oahu. Use the tab navigation above to view Shark Country sea temperature, Shark Country photographs, Shark Country detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shark Country webcams, current wind from HAW - Oahu live weather stations and Shark Country tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shark Country.