Shamal Bandar Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 25.2 °C
Shamal Bandar in West Makran is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Works best in offshore winds from the northwest. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the best wave direction is from the south. The beach breaks offers right-handers. Best around high tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for sharks,sea snakes.
Overall Shamal Bandar Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This picture shows the range of swells directed at Shamal Bandar over a normal December... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shamal Bandar surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Makran Coast surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shamal Bandar
Tide stations nearest to Shamal Bandar:
- Closest tide stationPasni24 mi
- Second closest tide stationGwadar48 mi
- Third closest tide stationJiwani85 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOrmara97 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationGadani228 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Shamal Bandar:
- Closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))764 mi
- Second closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))769 mi
- Third closest ski areaMalam Jabba (Pakistan)877 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)911 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaKufri (India)943 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Shamal Bandar:
- Closest city locationPasni (Pakistan)24 mi
- Second closest city locationGwadar (Pakistan)48 mi
- Third closest city locationTurbat (Pakistan)53 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChah-Bahar (Iran)154 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIranshahr (Iran)201 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shamal Bandar is Pasni Airport (PSI) in Pakistan, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shamal Bandar is Gwadar Airport (GWD), also in Pakistan, 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Turbat International (Turbo) Airport (TRB) in Colombia, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Ormara Airport (ORW) in Pakistan is 151 km (94 miles) away.
- Panjgur Airport (PJG), also in Pakistan is the fifth nearest airport to Shamal Bandar and is 217 km (135 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shamal Bandar, Makran Coast. Use the tab navigation above to view Shamal Bandar sea temperature, Shamal Bandar photographs, Shamal Bandar detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shamal Bandar webcams, current wind from Makran Coast live weather stations and Shamal Bandar tide predictions. The Pakistan swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Pakistan and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Pakistan wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shamal Bandar.