Shackleford Banks Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.9 °C
Shackleford Banks in North Carolinais a beach break that has very consistent surf Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the south. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Take care of .
For Channel Marker Light #59, North Carolina, 5 km from Shackleford Banks.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-CLKN7, 8 km from Shackleford Banks.
|light winds from the N|
Overall Shackleford Banks Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Shackleford Banks thro... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shackleford Banks surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shackleford Banks
Tide stations nearest to Shackleford Banks:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station4 mi
- Fifth closest tide station4 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Shackleford Banks is Cherry Point Mcas Airport (NKT) in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Shackleford Banks is Craven Co Rgnl (New Bern) Airport (EWN), also in USA, 61 km (38 miles) away.
- Third is New River Mcas (Jacksonville) Airport (NCA) in USA, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Wilmington International Airport (ILM) in USA is 128 km (80 miles) away.
- Seymour Johnson Afb (Goldsboro) Airport (GSB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Shackleford Banks and is 145 km (90 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shackleford Banks, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Shackleford Banks sea temperature, Shackleford Banks photographs, Shackleford Banks detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shackleford Banks webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Shackleford Banks tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shackleford Banks.