Shackleford Banks Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.5 °C
Shackleford Banks in North Carolinais a beach break that has very reliable surf Works best in offshore winds from the north northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the south. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Relatively few surfers here, even on good days. Watch out for .
For Channel Marker Light #59, North Carolina, 5 km from Shackleford Banks.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-CLKN7, 8 km from Shackleford Banks.
|fresh winds from the W|
Overall Shackleford Banks Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture illustrates the combination of swells directed at Shackleford Banks throug... (show all text)
The figure describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Shackleford Banks surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Carolina North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Shackleford Banks
Visitor Reviews of Shackleford Banks
Tide stations nearest to Shackleford Banks:
- Closest tide stationChannel Marker Light #593 mi
- Second closest tide stationLenoxville Point3 mi
- Third closest tide stationHarkers Island Bridge4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationShell Point, Harkers Island4 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBeaufort Inlet Channel Range4 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Shackleford Banks:
- Closest ski areaWintergreen Resort (United States)257 mi
- Second closest ski areaMassanutten (United States)288 mi
- Third closest ski areaWolf Ridge Ski Resort (United States)290 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaThe Homestead Ski Area (United States)292 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaAppalachian Ski Mountain (United States)304 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Shackleford Banks:
- Closest city locationJacksonville (United States)48 mi
- Second closest city locationGreenville (United States)78 mi
- Third closest city locationWilmington (United States)80 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoldsboro (United States)93 mi
- Fifth closest city locationWilson (United States)104 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Shackleford Banks, Carolina North. Use the tab navigation above to view Shackleford Banks sea temperature, Shackleford Banks photographs, Shackleford Banks detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Shackleford Banks webcams, current wind from Carolina North live weather stations and Shackleford Banks tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Shackleford Banks.