72nd Place Spot ID
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
SeventySecond Place in LA County is a sheltered beach break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the favoured conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Hazards include rocks, locals and pollution.
At Seal Beach (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Seal Beach, 1 km from 72nd Place.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 55 miles from 72nd Place.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall 72nd Place Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the range of swells directed at 72nd Place through a typical June, b... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 72nd Place surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 72nd Place
Tide stations nearest to 72nd Place:
- Closest tide stationSeal Beach0 mi
- Second closest tide stationLos Patos (highway bridge)4 mi
- Third closest tide stationLong Beach, Outer Harbor, Pier A6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLong Beach, Inner Harbor6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLong Beach, Terminal Island7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to 72nd Place:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy40 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort50 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area51 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley70 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit78 mi
Town and city forecasts close to 72nd Place:
- Closest city locationWestminster6 mi
- Second closest city locationCypress7 mi
- Third closest city locationLakewood8 mi
- Fourth closest city locationStanton8 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCerritos9 mi
- The closest passenger airport to 72nd Place is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 72nd Place is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA, 23 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA, 26 km (16 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 29 km (18 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 72nd Place and is 36 km (22 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 72nd Place, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view 72nd Place sea temperature, 72nd Place photographs, 72nd Place detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 72nd Place webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and 72nd Place tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 72nd Place.