Selkirk Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.1 °C
Selkirk in Lake Ontario is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the southeast. There is too little fetch for groundswells to form and the best wave direction is from the west northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Albany, New York, 226 km from Selkirk.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Fulton, 17 km from Selkirk.
At Prince Edward Point Buoy, 35 miles from Selkirk.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||5||5||5|
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Ontario surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Selkirk
- The closest passenger airport to Selkirk is Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Selkirk is Watertown International Airport (ART), also in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Wheeler Sack Aaf (Fort Drum) Airport (GTB) in USA, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Griffiss Airpark (Rome) Airport (RME) in USA is 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Kingston Airport (YGK) in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Selkirk and is 82 km (51 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Selkirk, Lake Ontario. Use the tab navigation above to view Selkirk sea temperature, Selkirk photographs, Selkirk detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Selkirk webcams, current wind from Lake Ontario live weather stations and Selkirk tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Selkirk.