Selkirk Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.2 °C
Selkirk in Lake Ontario is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds blow from the southeast. There is too little fetch for groundswells to form and the best wave direction is from the west northwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Sometimes crowded. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
For Albany, New York, 226 km from Selkirk.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Fulton, 17 km from Selkirk.
|light winds from the SSW|
At Prince Edward Point Buoy, 35 miles from Selkirk.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||4||4||4|
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Ontario surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Selkirk
Tide stations nearest to Selkirk:
- Closest tide stationAlbany140 mi
- Second closest tide stationTroy, Hudson River140 mi
- Third closest tide stationCastleton on Hudson, Hudson River144 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNew Baltimore, Hudson River145 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCoxsackie, Hudson River149 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Selkirk:
- Closest ski areaDry Hill Ski Area35 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Ridge43 mi
- Third closest ski areaBatawa Ski Hill (Canada)44 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaWoods Valley Ski Area47 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBrantling Ski Slopes49 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Selkirk:
- Closest city locationSyracuse34 mi
- Second closest city locationWatertown35 mi
- Third closest city locationAuburn45 mi
- Fourth closest city locationRome46 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKingston (Canada)50 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Selkirk is Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) in USA, 49 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Selkirk is Watertown International Airport (ART), also in USA, 54 km (34 miles) away.
- Third is Wheeler Sack Aaf (Fort Drum) Airport (GTB) in USA, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Griffiss Airpark (Rome) Airport (RME) in USA is 76 km (47 miles) away.
- Kingston Airport (YGK) in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Selkirk and is 82 km (51 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Selkirk, Lake Ontario. Use the tab navigation above to view Selkirk sea temperature, Selkirk photographs, Selkirk detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Selkirk webcams, current wind from Lake Ontario live weather stations and Selkirk tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Selkirk.