Secrets Spot ID
Type: reef and point
Best: Swell W | Wind SSE
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.1 °C
Secrets_1 in Sonoma is an exposed reef and point break that has dependable surf. Winter is the best time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the south southeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the west.There is a left hand point break here. Best around low tide. Often Crowded. Beware of sharks, rips and rocks.
At Secrets (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Stewarts Point, 9 km from Secrets.
At Bodega Bay Buoy, 26 miles from Secrets.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||14||16||15|
Overall Secrets Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Secrets over a normal July. It i... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Secrets surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Sonoma surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Secrets
Visitor Reviews of Secrets
Tide stations nearest to Secrets:
- Closest tide stationFort Ross9 mi
- Second closest tide stationBodega Harbor entrance27 mi
- Third closest tide stationArena Cove28 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPoint Arena30 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTomales Bay Entrance34 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Secrets:
- Closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area (United States)161 mi
- Second closest ski areaRoyal Gorge (United States)167 mi
- Third closest ski areaSoda Springs (United States)168 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBoreal Mountain (United States)170 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Bowl (United States)170 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Secrets:
- Closest city locationWindsor (United States)30 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Rosa (United States)37 mi
- Third closest city locationRohnert Park (United States)41 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPetaluma (United States)48 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNovato (United States)56 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Secrets_1 is Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU) in USA, 132 km (82 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Secrets_1 is Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), also in USA, 141 km (88 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 141 km (88 miles) away.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in USA is 155 km (96 miles) away.
- Sacramento Executive Airport (SAC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Secrets_1 and is 164 km (102 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Secrets, CAL - Sonoma. Use the tab navigation above to view Secrets sea temperature, Secrets photographs, Secrets detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Secrets webcams, current wind from CAL - Sonoma live weather stations and Secrets tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Secrets.