2nd Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Lucas Rosa
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.5 °C
2nd Beach in Rhode Islandis a beach break that has very consistent waves and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for - Rips / undertow - Localism.
For Sachuest, Flint Point, Sakonnet River, Rhode Island, 2 km from 2nd Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Middletown Purgatory wx, 1 km from 2nd Beach.
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 55 miles from 2nd Beach.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall 2nd Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at 2nd Beach through an a... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single 2nd Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of 2nd Beach
- The closest passenger airport to 2nd Beach is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to 2nd Beach is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 52 km (32 miles) away.
- Third is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 64 km (40 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA is 100 km (62 miles) away.
- Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to 2nd Beach and is 103 km (64 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for 2nd Beach, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view 2nd Beach sea temperature, 2nd Beach photographs, 2nd Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, 2nd Beach webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and 2nd Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around 2nd Beach.