Seaton Sluice Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.2 °C
Seaton Sluice in North East England is a reasonably exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Ideal winds are from the south southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide.
Overall Seaton Sluice Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Seaton Sluice through an average Ju... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Seaton Sluice surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Seaton Sluice
Tide stations nearest to Seaton Sluice:
- Closest tide stationBlyth4 mi
- Second closest tide stationNorth Shields4 mi
- Third closest tide stationTyne River Entrance4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationJarrow6 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationBedlington7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Seaton Sluice:
- Closest ski areaCastleside23 mi
- Second closest ski areaAllenheads35 mi
- Third closest ski areaWeardale Ski Club38 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaHarwood Common41 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaYad Moss43 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Seaton Sluice:
- Closest city locationWhitley Bay1 mi
- Second closest city locationBlyth4 mi
- Third closest city locationNorth Shields4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCramlington6 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSouth Shields6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Seaton Sluice is Newcastle Airport (NCL) in England, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Seaton Sluice is Teesside Airport (MME), also in England, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England, 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Walney Island (Barrow Island) Airport (BWF), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Seaton Sluice and is 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Seaton Sluice, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Seaton Sluice sea temperature, Seaton Sluice photographs, Seaton Sluice detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Seaton Sluice webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Seaton Sluice tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Seaton Sluice.