Seaton Sluice Spot ID
Best: Swell NNE | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 6.9 °C
Seaton Sluice in North East England is a reasonably exposed beach break that has inconsistent surf. Winter and spring are the best times of year to visit. Ideal winds are from the south southwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell direction is from the north northeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide.
Overall Seaton Sluice Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in January
This image describes the range of swells directed at Seaton Sluice over a normal Januar... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Seaton Sluice surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to North East England surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Seaton Sluice
- The closest passenger airport to Seaton Sluice is Newcastle Airport (NCL) in England, 16 km (10 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Seaton Sluice is Teesside Airport (MME), also in England, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Carlisle Airport (CAX) in England, 88 km (55 miles) away.
- Leeds Bradford Airport (LBA) in England is 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Walney Island (Barrow Island) Airport (BWF), also in England is the fifth nearest airport to Seaton Sluice and is 156 km (97 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Seaton Sluice, North East England. Use the tab navigation above to view Seaton Sluice sea temperature, Seaton Sluice photographs, Seaton Sluice detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Seaton Sluice webcams, current wind from North East England live weather stations and Seaton Sluice tide predictions. The United Kingdom swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United Kingdom and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United Kingdom wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Seaton Sluice.