Seal Beach Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.1 °C
Seal Beach Pier in Orange County is a sheltered beach break that has reasonably consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. Surfable at all stages of the tide. It very rarely gets crowded here. Watch out for locals, pollution, rips.
For Los Patos (highway bridge), California, 3 km from Seal Beach Pier.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Huntington Beach, 3 km from Seal Beach Pier.
|light winds from the SSW|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 56 miles from Seal Beach Pier.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||17||19||17|
Overall Seal Beach Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture describes the combination of swells directed at Seal Beach Pier over a nor... (show all text)
The figure shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Seal Beach Pier surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Seal Beach Pier
Visitor Reviews of Seal Beach Pier
“Filthy water, very seldom any real waves. And there's a surf school there everyday to crowd you out. Total kook factory. Don't surf here.”
dugan nash from UNITED STATES - 24 Aug 2015
Tide stations nearest to Seal Beach Pier:
- Closest tide stationLos Patos (highway bridge)2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSeal Beach2 mi
- Third closest tide stationHuntington Beach7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLong Beach, Outer Harbor, Pier A7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLong Beach, Inner Harbor8 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Seal Beach Pier:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy40 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort50 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area51 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley69 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit77 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Seal Beach Pier:
- Closest city locationWestminster5 mi
- Second closest city locationCypress7 mi
- Third closest city locationHuntington Beach7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationFountain Valley7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGarden Grove7 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Seal Beach Pier is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Seal Beach Pier is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA, 21 km (13 miles) away.
- Third is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA, 24 km (15 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 32 km (20 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Seal Beach Pier and is 38 km (24 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Seal Beach Pier, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Seal Beach Pier sea temperature, Seal Beach Pier photographs, Seal Beach Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Seal Beach Pier webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Seal Beach Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Seal Beach Pier.