Schooner Gulch Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.0 °C
Schooner Gulch/Moat Creek in Mendocino County is an exposed beach and reef break that has pretty consitent surf. Spring and Summer provide the best conditions. Works best in offshore winds from the northeast with some shelter here from northwest winds. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers as well as left and right hand reef breaks.. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of sharks, rips, rocks and locals.
Overall Schooner Gulch Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram shows the combination of swells directed at Schooner Gulch through an ... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Schooner Gulch surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Mendocino County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Schooner Gulch
Tide stations nearest to Schooner Gulch:
- Closest tide stationArena Cove2 mi
- Second closest tide stationPoint Arena4 mi
- Third closest tide stationAlbion22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMendocino, Mendocino Bay29 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationFort Ross35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Schooner Gulch:
- Closest ski areaStover Mountain Ski Area160 mi
- Second closest ski areaRoyal Gorge179 mi
- Third closest ski areaSoda Springs180 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaBoreal Mountain181 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSugar Bowl182 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Schooner Gulch:
- Closest city locationWindsor53 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Rosa62 mi
- Third closest city locationRohnert Park66 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPetaluma73 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNovato81 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Schooner Gulch is Travis Afb (Fairfield) Airport (SUU) in USA, 169 km (105 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Schooner Gulch is Metropolitan Oakland International Airport (OAK), also in USA, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Third is San Francisco International Airport (SFO) in USA, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Sacramento International Airport (SMF) in USA is 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Chico Muni Airport (CIC), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Schooner Gulch and is 187 km (116 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Schooner Gulch, CAL - Mendocino County. Use the tab navigation above to view Schooner Gulch sea temperature, Schooner Gulch photographs, Schooner Gulch detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Schooner Gulch webcams, current wind from CAL - Mendocino County live weather stations and Schooner Gulch tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Schooner Gulch.