Saybrook Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: -1.8 °C
Saybrook in Lake Erie is an exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds blow from the southeast. Short period wind swells are the rule and the ideal wave direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Chain Bridge, DC, 473 km from Saybrook.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-FAIO1, 2 km from Saybrook.
At West Erie Buoy, 57 miles from Saybrook.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||3||-||-|
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Erie surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Saybrook
Tide stations nearest to Saybrook:
- Closest tide stationChain Bridge294 mi
- Second closest tide stationChain Bridge, one miles below295 mi
- Third closest tide stationKey Bridge297 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMiddle Branch, Baltimore Harbor300 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWashington DC300 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Saybrook:
- Closest ski areaBig Creek Ski Area (United States)25 mi
- Second closest ski areaBoston Mills Brandywine (United States)36 mi
- Third closest ski areaBrandywine (United States)37 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Pleasant (United States)63 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPeek'n Peak Resort (United States)83 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Saybrook:
- Closest city locationMentor (United States)6 mi
- Second closest city locationEuclid (United States)16 mi
- Third closest city locationCleveland Heights (United States)21 mi
- Fourth closest city locationShaker Heights (United States)22 mi
- Fifth closest city locationGarfield Heights (United States)28 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Saybrook is Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) in USA, 59 km (37 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Saybrook is Youngstown Warren Rgnl Airport (YNG), also in USA, 75 km (47 miles) away.
- Third is Akron Fulton International Airport (AKR) in USA, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- Griffing Sandusky Airport (SKY) in USA is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- London Airport (YXU) in Canada is the fifth nearest airport to Saybrook and is 144 km (89 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Saybrook, Lake Erie. Use the tab navigation above to view Saybrook sea temperature, Saybrook photographs, Saybrook detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Saybrook webcams, current wind from Lake Erie live weather stations and Saybrook tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Saybrook.