Sauveterre Spot ID
Type: beach reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.0 °C
Sauveterre in Cote De Lumiere is an exposed beach reef and point break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the west southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right as well as a right hand reef break. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Beware of rips and rocks.
Overall Sauveterre Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at Sauveterre over a normal A... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sauveterre surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Vendee surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sauveterre
Tide stations nearest to Sauveterre:
- Closest tide stationOlonne-sur-Mer2 mi
- Second closest tide stationLes Sables d'Olonne3 mi
- Third closest tide stationChateau-d'Olonne6 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSaint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie11 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSaint-Hilaire-de-Talmont12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sauveterre:
- Closest ski areaChastreix-Sancy (France)231 mi
- Second closest ski areaLe Mont-Dore (France)233 mi
- Third closest ski areaBesse Super Besse (France)239 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaLe Lioran (France)248 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLunada (Spain)250 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sauveterre:
- Closest city locationLa Roche-sur-Yon (France)21 mi
- Second closest city locationLa Rochelle (France)41 mi
- Third closest city locationReze (France)47 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSaint-Herblain (France)48 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSaint-Sebastien-sur-Loire (France)48 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sauveterre is Les Ajoncs (La Roche-sur-yon) Airport (EDM) in France, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sauveterre is Nantes Atlantique Airport (NTE), also in France, 70 km (43 miles) away.
- Third is Montoir (St.-nazaire) Airport (SNR) in France, 89 km (55 miles) away.
- Le Pontreau (Cholet) Airport (CET) in France is 94 km (58 miles) away.
- St Agnant (Rochefort) Airport (RCO), also in France is the fifth nearest airport to Sauveterre and is 97 km (60 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sauveterre, Vendee. Use the tab navigation above to view Sauveterre sea temperature, Sauveterre photographs, Sauveterre detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sauveterre webcams, current wind from Vendee live weather stations and Sauveterre tide predictions. The France swell maps link will open up the big picture showing France and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from France wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sauveterre.