Sapê Spot ID
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.3 °C
Sape in Sao Paulo is a sheltered beach break. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the northwest with some shelter here from north winds. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. Waves at the beach are both lefts and rights. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Take care of .
Overall Sapê Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Sapê through an average December... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sapê surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to São Paulo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sapê
- The closest passenger airport to Sapê is Sao Jose Dos Campos Airport (SJK) in Brazil, 73 km (45 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sapê is Santos Air Base Airport (SSZ), also in Brazil, 117 km (73 miles) away.
- Third is Guarulhos (Sao Paulo) Airport (GRU) in Brazil, 128 km (80 miles) away.
- Congonhas (Sao Paulo) Airport (CGH) in Brazil is 146 km (91 miles) away.
- Santa Cruz (Rio De Janeiro) Airport (STU), also in Brazil is the fifth nearest airport to Sapê and is 168 km (104 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sapê, São Paulo. Use the tab navigation above to view Sapê sea temperature, Sapê photographs, Sapê detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sapê webcams, current wind from São Paulo live weather stations and Sapê tide predictions. The Brazil swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Brazil and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Brazil wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sapê.