Santa Rosa Creek Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.8 °C
Santa Rosa Creek/Moonstone in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around mid tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rocks and sharks.
Overall Santa Rosa Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This picture illustrates the range of swells directed at Santa Rosa Creek through a typ... (show all text)
The figure describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direct... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Santa Rosa Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Santa Rosa Creek
- The closest passenger airport to Santa Rosa Creek is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Santa Rosa Creek is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Santa Rosa Creek and is 207 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Santa Rosa Creek, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Santa Rosa Creek sea temperature, Santa Rosa Creek photographs, Santa Rosa Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Santa Rosa Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Santa Rosa Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Santa Rosa Creek.