Santa Rosa Creek Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.2 °C
Santa Rosa Creek/Moonstone in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the east. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around mid tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of rocks and sharks.
For Cambria, 3 km from Santa Rosa Creek.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cambria, 3 km from Santa Rosa Creek.
At Cape San Martin Buoy, 45 miles from Santa Rosa Creek.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||7||8||7|
Overall Santa Rosa Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph shows the variation of swells directed at Santa Rosa Creek through a typical ... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Santa Rosa Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Santa Rosa Creek
Tide stations nearest to Santa Rosa Creek:
- Closest tide stationCambria2 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Simeon6 mi
- Third closest tide stationMorro Beach, Estero Bay18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMorro Bay21 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort San Luis34 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Santa Rosa Creek:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows144 mi
- Second closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort158 mi
- Third closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area165 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak171 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMammoth Mountain184 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Santa Rosa Creek:
- Closest city locationPaso Robles24 mi
- Second closest city locationAtascadero25 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Luis Obispo32 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSanta Maria57 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSoledad60 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Santa Rosa Creek is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Santa Rosa Creek is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 135 km (84 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 184 km (114 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Santa Rosa Creek and is 207 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Santa Rosa Creek, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view Santa Rosa Creek sea temperature, Santa Rosa Creek photographs, Santa Rosa Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Santa Rosa Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and Santa Rosa Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Santa Rosa Creek.