Santa Monica Pier Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell WSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.1 °C
Santa Monica Pier in LA County is an exposed beach break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach breaks peel to the right. Best around low tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include rips and pollution.
At Santa Monica, California (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At BUOY-ICAC1, 0 km from Santa Monica Pier.
|light winds from the WSW|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 37 miles from Santa Monica Pier.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||14||14||6|
Overall Santa Monica Pier Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Santa Monica Pier over... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Santa Monica Pier surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Santa Monica Pier
Visitor Reviews of Santa Monica Pier
Tide stations nearest to Santa Monica Pier:
- Closest tide stationSanta Monica0 mi
- Second closest tide stationMarina del Rey3 mi
- Third closest tide stationEl Segundo, Santa Monica Bay7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLas Flores8 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationManhattan Beach10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Santa Monica Pier:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)48 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)53 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)53 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)85 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)93 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Santa Monica Pier:
- Closest city locationSanta Monica (United States)1 mi
- Second closest city locationCulver City (United States)6 mi
- Third closest city locationLos Angeles International Airport (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationBeverly Hills (United States)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationInglewood (United States)8 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Santa Monica Pier is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Santa Monica Pier is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA, 18 km (11 miles) away.
- Third is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA, 25 km (16 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA is 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Santa Monica Pier and is 58 km (36 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Santa Monica Pier, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Santa Monica Pier sea temperature, Santa Monica Pier photographs, Santa Monica Pier detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Santa Monica Pier webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Santa Monica Pier tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Santa Monica Pier.