Santa Caterina Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.0 °C
Santa Caterina in Sardinia is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Ideal winds are from the east with some shelter here from north winds. Windswells are much more typical than groudswells and the best wave direction is from the northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. Even when the surf is up, crowds are unknown. Rocks are a hazard.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Sardinia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Santa Caterina
Visitor Reviews of Santa Caterina
Tide stations nearest to Santa Caterina:
- Closest tide stationCabras12 mi
- Second closest tide stationBosa14 mi
- Third closest tide stationSorso48 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPorto Torres52 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCastelsardo57 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Santa Caterina:
- Closest ski areaBruncu Spina (Italy)44 mi
- Second closest ski areaMonte Amiata (Italy)251 mi
- Third closest ski areaGreolieres Les Neiges (France)267 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSubiaco Monte Livata (Italy)274 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCampo-Catino (Italy)280 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Santa Caterina:
- Closest city locationOristano (Italy)15 mi
- Second closest city locationAlghero (Italy)33 mi
- Third closest city locationSassari (Italy)43 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNuoro (Italy)47 mi
- Fifth closest city locationIglesias (Italy)55 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Santa Caterina is Alghero Airport (AHO) in Italy, 61 km (38 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Santa Caterina is Decimomannu Airport (DCI), also in Italy, 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Tortoli Airport (TTB) in Italy, 104 km (65 miles) away.
- Elmas (Cagliari) Airport (CAG) in Italy is 106 km (66 miles) away.
- Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport (OLB), also in Italy is the fifth nearest airport to Santa Caterina and is 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Santa Caterina, Sardinia. Use the tab navigation above to view Santa Caterina sea temperature, Santa Caterina photographs, Santa Caterina detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Santa Caterina webcams, current wind from Sardinia live weather stations and Santa Caterina tide predictions. The Italy swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Italy and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Italy wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Santa Caterina.