Sandvik Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Reykjanes Peninsula, Iceland)
Sandvik Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 4.6 °C
Sandvik in Reykjanes Peninsula is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the east northeast and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. An unrowded break, even when it is working. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Sandvik Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Sandvik through an average May... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sandvik surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Reykjanes Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sandvik
Visitor Reviews of Sandvik
Tide stations nearest to Sandvik:
- Closest tide stationKeflavik13 mi
- Second closest tide stationSandgeroi16 mi
- Third closest tide stationNjarovik18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHafnarfjordur27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationReykjavik31 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sandvik:
- Closest ski areaBlafjoll (Iceland)30 mi
- Second closest ski areaKerlingarfjoll (Iceland)124 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnjofell (Iceland)124 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAkureyri (Iceland)182 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)768 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sandvik:
- Closest city locationKopavogur (Iceland)30 mi
- Second closest city locationReykjavik (Iceland)30 mi
- Third closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)758 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDerry (United Kingdom)809 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSpittal of Glenshee (United Kingdom)809 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sandvik is Keflavik Nas Airport (KEF) in Iceland, which is 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sandvik is Reykjavik Airport (RKV), also in Iceland, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Vestmannaeyjar Airport (VEY), also in Iceland, 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sandvik, Reykjanes Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Sandvik sea temperature, Sandvik photographs, Sandvik detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sandvik webcams, current wind from Reykjanes Peninsula live weather stations and Sandvik tide predictions. The Iceland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Iceland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Iceland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sandvik.