Sandvik Spot ID
Best: Swell WSW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 9.6 °C
Sandvik in Reykjanes Peninsula is an exposed beach break that has consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast and there is no shelter here from cross shore breezes. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. An uncrowded break, even when it is working. Take care of the strong rips here.
Overall Sandvik Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The graph shows the combination of swells directed at Sandvik over a normal June and is... (show all text)
The rose diagram illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different d... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sandvik surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Reykjanes Peninsula surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sandvik
Tide stations nearest to Sandvik:
- Closest tide stationKeflavik13 mi
- Second closest tide stationSandgeroi16 mi
- Third closest tide stationNjarovik18 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHafnarfjordur27 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationReykjavik31 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sandvik:
- Closest ski areaBlafjoll30 mi
- Second closest ski areaKerlingarfjoll124 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnjofell124 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAkureyri182 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaNevis Range (United Kingdom)768 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sandvik:
- Closest city locationHafnarfjordur27 mi
- Second closest city locationKopavogur30 mi
- Third closest city locationReykjavik30 mi
- Fourth closest city locationInverness (United Kingdom)758 mi
- Fifth closest city locationDerry (United Kingdom)809 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sandvik is Keflavik Nas Airport (KEF) in Iceland, which is 19 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sandvik is Reykjavik Airport (RKV), also in Iceland, 48 km (30 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Vestmannaeyjar Airport (VEY), also in Iceland, 124 km (77 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sandvik, Reykjanes Peninsula. Use the tab navigation above to view Sandvik sea temperature, Sandvik photographs, Sandvik detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sandvik webcams, current wind from Reykjanes Peninsula live weather stations and Sandvik tide predictions. The Iceland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Iceland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Iceland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sandvik.