Sands Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.4 °C
Sands in New Jerseyis a beach break that has unreliable waves with no particular seasonal pattern. Offshore winds blow from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. Sometimes crowded. Watch out for - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Sea Bright, New Jersey, 1 km from Sands.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At West Park Rumson wx, 1 km from Sands.
At New York Harbour Buoy, 14 miles from Sands.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall Sands Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Sands through a typical Dece... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sands surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Jersey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sands
Tide stations nearest to Sands:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station2 mi
- Third closest tide station2 mi
- Fourth closest tide station2 mi
- Fifth closest tide station3 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sands is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sands is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), also in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Lakehurst Naes Airport (NEL) in USA is 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Sands and is 54 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sands, New Jersey. Use the tab navigation above to view Sands sea temperature, Sands photographs, Sands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sands webcams, current wind from New Jersey live weather stations and Sands tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sands.