Sands Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.9 °C
Sands in New Jerseyis a beach break that has inconsistent surf with no particular seasonal pattern. Ideal winds are from the west. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. Sometimes crowded. Beware of - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Sea Bright, New Jersey, 1 km from Sands.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Monmouth Beach, 3 km from Sands.
At New York Harbour Buoy, 14 miles from Sands.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||-||7||7|
Overall Sands Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The rose diagram shows the variation of swells directed at Sands through an average Jul... (show all text)
This picture illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sands surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Jersey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sands
Tide stations nearest to Sands:
- Closest tide stationSea Bright1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHighlands2 mi
- Third closest tide stationHighlands, Route 36 bridge, Shrewsbury River2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOceanic Bridge, Navesink River2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLong Branch Reach, Shrewsbury River3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sands:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain48 mi
- Second closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center59 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center62 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMountain Creek Resort63 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHidden Valley Club63 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sands:
- Closest city locationLong Branch5 mi
- Second closest city locationConey Island14 mi
- Third closest city locationBensonhurst16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth Amboy18 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBrooklyn19 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Sands is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK) in USA, 34 km (21 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sands is Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), also in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA) in USA, 46 km (29 miles) away.
- Lakehurst Naes Airport (NEL) in USA is 49 km (30 miles) away.
- Teterboro Airport (TEB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Sands and is 54 km (34 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sands, New Jersey. Use the tab navigation above to view Sands sea temperature, Sands photographs, Sands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sands webcams, current wind from New Jersey live weather stations and Sands tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sands.