Sands Spot ID
Best: Swell SE | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.5 °C
Sands in New Jerseyis a beach break that only works once in a while with no particular seasonal pattern. Works best in offshore winds from the west. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for - Rocks - Man-made danger (buoys etc.) - Private beach - Localism - Pollution.
For Sea Bright, New Jersey, 1 km from Sands.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Monmouth Beach, 3 km from Sands.
At New York Harbour Buoy, 14 miles from Sands.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||7|
Overall Sands Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This picture illustrates the variation of swells directed at Sands through an average O... (show all text)
The figure describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sands surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Jersey surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sands
Tide stations nearest to Sands:
- Closest tide stationSea Bright1 mi
- Second closest tide stationHighlands2 mi
- Third closest tide stationHighlands, Route 36 bridge, Shrewsbury River2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOceanic Bridge, Navesink River2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLong Branch Reach, Shrewsbury River3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Sands:
- Closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain (United States)48 mi
- Second closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center (United States)59 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)62 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMountain Creek Resort (United States)63 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaHidden Valley Club (United States)63 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sands:
- Closest city locationLong Branch (United States)5 mi
- Second closest city locationConey Island (United States)14 mi
- Third closest city locationBensonhurst (United States)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPerth Amboy (United States)18 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBrooklyn (United States)19 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sands, New Jersey. Use the tab navigation above to view Sands sea temperature, Sands photographs, Sands detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sands webcams, current wind from New Jersey live weather stations and Sands tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sands.