Sandbox Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell WNW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.7 °C
Sandbox in San Diego County is an exposed beach break that is often working. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the east. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Best around mid tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Hazards include crowds and rocks.
For Solana Beach, 7 km from Sandbox.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Leucadia, 2 km from Sandbox.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 57 miles from Sandbox.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||7||8||7||6|
Overall Sandbox Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The rose diagram illustrates the variation of swells directed at Sandbox through an ave... (show all text)
This picture describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Sandbox surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Diego County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sandbox
- The closest passenger airport to Sandbox is Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA, 25 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sandbox is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN), also in USA, 37 km (23 miles) away.
- Third is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico is 65 km (40 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Sandbox and is 87 km (54 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sandbox, CAL - San Diego County. Use the tab navigation above to view Sandbox sea temperature, Sandbox photographs, Sandbox detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sandbox webcams, current wind from CAL - San Diego County live weather stations and Sandbox tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sandbox.