Sandbanks Provincial Park Spot ID
Type: beach reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.4 °C
Sandbanks Provincial Park in Lake Ontario is an exposed beach reef and point break that has reasonably consistent surf The best wind direction is from the north northeast. The short fetch makes for windswells rather than groundswells and the ideal wave direction is from the southwest.. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for dangerous rips.
For Albany, New York, 334 km from Sandbanks Provincial Park.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Stinson Block Prince Edward County wx, 8 km from Sandbanks Provincial Park.
|light winds from the WSW|
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lake Ontario surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Sandbanks Provincial Park
Visitor Reviews of Sandbanks Provincial Park
“Nice beach, with surprising surf. Wind driven waves break taller as winds increase. I saw 3 footers with 20 MPH SSE winds. Very choppy, but surfable nonetheless. I gather the spot would be best in the fall, when gales torment lake Ontario. Even in the summer, a wet suit is a must, as the water temp is around 5 degrees Celsius.”
Fred from CANADA - 11 Jul 2014
Other Nearby Surf Breaks closest to Sandbanks Provincial Park:(click location name for more details)
- Closest break14 mi
- Second closest break47 mi
- Third closest break48 mi
- Fourth closest break48 mi
- Fifth closest break48 mi
Tide stations nearest to Sandbanks Provincial Park:
- Closest tide station208 mi
- Second closest tide station208 mi
- Third closest tide station211 mi
- Fourth closest tide station213 mi
- Fifth closest tide station216 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Sandbanks Provincial Park:
- The closest passenger airport to Sandbanks Provincial Park is Trenton Airport (YTR) in Canada, 20 km (12 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Sandbanks Provincial Park is Kingston Airport (YGK), also in Canada, 77 km (48 miles) away.
- Third is Peterborough Airport (YPQ) in Canada, 78 km (48 miles) away.
- Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC) in USA is 93 km (58 miles) away.
- Watertown International Airport (ART), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Sandbanks Provincial Park and is 117 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Sandbanks Provincial Park, Lake Ontario. Use the tab navigation above to view Sandbanks Provincial Park sea temperature, Sandbanks Provincial Park photographs, Sandbanks Provincial Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Sandbanks Provincial Park webcams, current wind from Lake Ontario live weather stations and Sandbanks Provincial Park tide predictions. The Canada swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Canada and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Canada wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Sandbanks Provincial Park.