San Simeon Creek Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 13.8 °C
San Simeon Creek in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach and reef break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and there is also a left hand reef break.. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of rips, rocks and sharks.
Overall San Simeon Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at San Simeon Creek through an av... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single San Simeon Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of San Simeon Creek
- The closest passenger airport to San Simeon Creek is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 108 km (67 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to San Simeon Creek is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to San Simeon Creek and is 205 km (127 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for San Simeon Creek, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view San Simeon Creek sea temperature, San Simeon Creek photographs, San Simeon Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, San Simeon Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and San Simeon Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around San Simeon Creek.