San Simeon Creek Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.4 °C
San Simeon Creek in San Luis Obispo is an exposed beach and reef break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves and there is also a left hand reef break.. Best around mid tide when the tide is rising. It very rarely gets crowded here. Take care of rips, rocks and sharks.
For Cambria, 5 km from San Simeon Creek.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Cambria, 6 km from San Simeon Creek.
At Cape San Martin Buoy, 44 miles from San Simeon Creek.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||13||11||12||12|
Overall San Simeon Creek Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This chart shows the range of swells directed at San Simeon Creek through an average Oc... (show all text)
This image illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single San Simeon Creek surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - San Luis Obispo surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of San Simeon Creek
Tide stations nearest to San Simeon Creek:
- Closest tide stationCambria3 mi
- Second closest tide stationSan Simeon4 mi
- Third closest tide stationMorro Beach, Estero Bay20 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMorro Bay22 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationPort San Luis35 mi
Ski Resorts closest to San Simeon Creek:
- Closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows (United States)144 mi
- Second closest ski areaChina Peak Mountain Resort (United States)157 mi
- Third closest ski areaBadger Pass Ski Area (United States)165 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaChina Peak (United States)170 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMammoth Mountain (United States)183 mi
Town and city forecasts close to San Simeon Creek:
- Closest city locationPaso Robles (United States)25 mi
- Second closest city locationAtascadero (United States)27 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Luis Obispo (United States)34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSoledad (United States)58 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSanta Maria (United States)59 mi
- The closest passenger airport to San Simeon Creek is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 108 km (67 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to San Simeon Creek is Lemoore Nas Airport (NLC), also in USA, 134 km (83 miles) away.
- Third is Fresno Yosemite International Airport (FAT) in USA, 183 km (114 miles) away.
- Meadows Fld (Bakersfield) Airport (BFL) in USA is 188 km (117 miles) away.
- Castle (Merced) Airport (MER), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to San Simeon Creek and is 205 km (127 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for San Simeon Creek, CAL - San Luis Obispo. Use the tab navigation above to view San Simeon Creek sea temperature, San Simeon Creek photographs, San Simeon Creek detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, San Simeon Creek webcams, current wind from CAL - San Luis Obispo live weather stations and San Simeon Creek tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around San Simeon Creek.