San Gabriel Rivermouth Spot ID
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 23.4 °C
San Gabriel Rivermouth in Orange County is a sheltered Rivermouth/Jetty break that does not work very often. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Offshore winds blow from the northeast. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers. Best around low tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Beware of rocks, locals and pollution.
For Seal Beach, 1 km from San Gabriel Rivermouth.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Seal Beach, 2 km from San Gabriel Rivermouth.
|light winds from the SW|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 56 miles from San Gabriel Rivermouth.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||15||14|
Overall San Gabriel Rivermouth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the combination of swells directed at San Gabriel Rivermouth over a... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single San Gabriel Rivermouth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of San Gabriel Rivermouth
Tide stations nearest to San Gabriel Rivermouth:
- Closest tide stationSeal Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationLos Patos (highway bridge)2 mi
- Third closest tide stationLong Beach, Outer Harbor, Pier A7 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationHuntington Beach7 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationLong Beach, Inner Harbor7 mi
Ski Resorts closest to San Gabriel Rivermouth:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)39 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)50 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)51 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)70 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)77 mi
Town and city forecasts close to San Gabriel Rivermouth:
- Closest city locationWestminster (United States)6 mi
- Second closest city locationCypress (United States)7 mi
- Third closest city locationHuntington Beach (United States)7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationStanton (United States)7 mi
- Fifth closest city locationFountain Valley (United States)8 mi
- The closest passenger airport to San Gabriel Rivermouth is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 11 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to San Gabriel Rivermouth is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Third is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK) in USA, 25 km (16 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA is 31 km (19 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to San Gabriel Rivermouth and is 37 km (23 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for San Gabriel Rivermouth, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view San Gabriel Rivermouth sea temperature, San Gabriel Rivermouth photographs, San Gabriel Rivermouth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, San Gabriel Rivermouth webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and San Gabriel Rivermouth tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around San Gabriel Rivermouth.