San Blas Spot ID
Photo credit: Peter Otanez
Type: beach and reef
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.4 °C
San Blas in Nayarit is an exposed beach and reef break that has inconsistent surf. Summer offers the best conditions for surfing. Ideal winds are from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Take care of rocks, rips.
Overall San Blas Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram illustrates the range of swells directed at San Blas through an averag... (show all text)
This picture describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single San Blas surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Nayarit surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of San Blas
Tide stations nearest to San Blas:
- Closest tide stationSan Blas1 mi
- Second closest tide stationBucerias54 mi
- Third closest tide stationPuerto Vallarta63 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationIsla del Bosque91 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMazatlan137 mi
Ski Resorts closest to San Blas:
- Closest ski areaSki Apache (United States)814 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Lemmon Ski Valley (United States)827 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Park Resort (United States)899 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSandia Peak (United States)948 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSki Santa Fe (United States)978 mi
Town and city forecasts close to San Blas:
- Closest city locationTepic28 mi
- Second closest city locationPuerto Vallarta63 mi
- Third closest city locationEscuinapa de Hidalgo97 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTequila104 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAmeca105 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to San Blas is Tepic Airport (TPQ) in Mexico, which is 47 km (29 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to San Blas is Licenciado Gustavo Diaz Ordaz International (Puerto Vallarta) Airport (PVR), also in Mexico, 94 km (58 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for San Blas, Nayarit. Use the tab navigation above to view San Blas sea temperature, San Blas photographs, San Blas detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, San Blas webcams, current wind from Nayarit live weather stations and San Blas tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around San Blas.