Salmon Holes Reef Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 18.1 °C
Salmon Holes Reef in Far South Australia is an exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Ideal winds are from the northwest. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the south. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around mid tide. Rarely crowded here. Beware of rocks and sharks.
Overall Salmon Holes Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Salmon Holes Reef through a typic... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Salmon Holes Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to WA - Far South surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Salmon Holes Reef
Tide stations nearest to Salmon Holes Reef:
- Closest tide stationAlbany6 mi
- Second closest tide stationWindy Harbour108 mi
- Third closest tide stationMary Ann Haven150 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationFlinders Bay165 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationHamelin Bay175 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Salmon Holes Reef:
- Closest ski areaMt Donna Buang1549 mi
- Second closest ski areaLake Mountain1561 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Baw Baw1582 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt St Gwinear1585 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMount Buller1594 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Salmon Holes Reef:
- Closest city locationAlbany7 mi
- Second closest city locationBunbury178 mi
- Third closest city locationMandurah219 mi
- Fourth closest city locationArmadale232 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRockingham232 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Salmon Holes Reef is Perth Jandakot Airport (JAD) in Australia, which is 385 km (239 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Salmon Holes Reef is Perth International Airport (PER), also in Australia, 396 km (246 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Salmon Holes Reef, WA - Far South. Use the tab navigation above to view Salmon Holes Reef sea temperature, Salmon Holes Reef photographs, Salmon Holes Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Salmon Holes Reef webcams, current wind from WA - Far South live weather stations and Salmon Holes Reef tide predictions. The Australia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Australia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Australia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Salmon Holes Reef.