Salamumu Spot ID
Photo credit: email@example.com
Best: Swell SE | Wind N
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.7 °C
Salamumu in Upolu is an exposed reef break that has consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the north with some shelter here from southeast winds. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the southeast. A left hand reef break. Best around high tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Salamumu Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The graph describes the variation of swells directed at Salamumu through an average Aug... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Salamumu surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Upolu surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Salamumu
Visitor Reviews of Salamumu
Tide stations nearest to Salamumu:
- Closest tide stationApia17 mi
- Second closest tide stationAsau Harbor, Savaii Island58 mi
- Third closest tide stationTafuna85 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPago Pago, American Samoa86 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationTau Island, Manua Islands162 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Salamumu:
- Closest ski areaWhakapapa (New Zealand)1904 mi
- Second closest ski areaTukino (New Zealand)1905 mi
- Third closest ski areaTuroa (New Zealand)1909 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaManganui (New Zealand)1945 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaRainbow (New Zealand)2132 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Salamumu:
- Closest city locationApia (Samoa)13 mi
- Second closest city locationSuva (Fiji)702 mi
- Third closest city locationLautoka (Fiji)747 mi
- Fourth closest city locationNandi (Fiji)755 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPort Vila (Vanuatu)1337 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Salamumu is Faleolo International Airport (APW) in Samoa, which is 21 km (13 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Salamumu is Pago Pago International Airport (PPG), also in Samoa, 137 km (85 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Salamumu, Upolu. Use the tab navigation above to view Salamumu sea temperature, Salamumu photographs, Salamumu detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Salamumu webcams, current wind from Upolu live weather stations and Salamumu tide predictions. The Samoa swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Samoa and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Samoa wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Salamumu.