Safari Island Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(West Coast of Lombok, Indonesia)
Safari Island Spot ID
Best: Swell W | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.2 °C
Safari Island in Lombok is a sheltered reef break that has reliable surf. May-Oct (Dry Season) is the best time of year for waves. Ideal winds are from the southeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the west. A left hand reef. Best around mid tide. Rocks are a hazard.
Overall Safari Island Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart illustrates the combination of swells directed at Safari Island over a norma... (show all text)
This image describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Safari Island surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Lombok - West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Safari Island
Visitor Reviews of Safari Island
Tide stations nearest to Safari Island:
- Closest tide stationMataram19 mi
- Second closest tide stationDenpasar46 mi
- Third closest tide stationSingaraja69 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationBanjar74 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSumbawa Besar107 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Safari Island:
- Closest ski areaLake Mountain (Australia)2732 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Donna Buang (Australia)2733 mi
- Third closest ski areaMount Buffalo (Australia)2740 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMount Buller (Australia)2741 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaMt Stirling (Australia)2743 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Safari Island:
- Closest city locationMataram (Indonesia)19 mi
- Second closest city locationKlungkung (Indonesia)37 mi
- Third closest city locationDenpasar (Indonesia)46 mi
- Fourth closest city locationTabanan (Indonesia)54 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSingaraja (Indonesia)69 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Safari Island is Selaparang (Mataram) Airport (AMI) in Indonesia, which is 30 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Safari Island is Bali International (Denpasar) Airport (DPS), also in Indonesia, 80 km (50 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Sumbawa Besar Airport (SWG), also in Indonesia, 170 km (106 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Safari Island, Lombok - West. Use the tab navigation above to view Safari Island sea temperature, Safari Island photographs, Safari Island detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Safari Island webcams, current wind from Lombok - West live weather stations and Safari Island tide predictions. The Indonesia swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Indonesia and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Indonesia wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Safari Island.