Stewart Island - Saber Reef Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.2 °C
Stewart Island - Saber Reef in Southland is an exposed reef break that has very reliable surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The location means that it never gets crowded. Take care of - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Sharks.
At Stewart Island - Saber Reef (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At South West Cape, 27 km from Stewart Island - Saber Reef.
|near gales from the WSW|
Overall Stewart Island - Saber Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Stewart Island - Saber Ree... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Stewart Island - Saber Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Southland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Stewart Island - Saber Reef
Visitor Reviews of Stewart Island - Saber Reef
Tide stations nearest to Stewart Island - Saber Reef:
- Closest tide stationPaterson Inlet25 mi
- Second closest tide stationOban25 mi
- Third closest tide stationBluff Harbour48 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNew River Entrance50 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationColac Bay57 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Stewart Island - Saber Reef:
- Closest ski areaRemarkables (New Zealand)155 mi
- Second closest ski areaCoronet Peak (New Zealand)163 mi
- Third closest ski areaCardrona (New Zealand)170 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Park/Snow Farm (New Zealand)171 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Park (New Zealand)171 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Stewart Island - Saber Reef:
- Closest city locationInvercargill (New Zealand)59 mi
- Second closest city locationDunedin (New Zealand)158 mi
- Third closest city locationTimaru (New Zealand)255 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChristchurch (New Zealand)346 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNelson (New Zealand)490 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Stewart Island - Saber Reef, Southland. Use the tab navigation above to view Stewart Island - Saber Reef sea temperature, Stewart Island - Saber Reef photographs, Stewart Island - Saber Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Stewart Island - Saber Reef webcams, current wind from Southland live weather stations and Stewart Island - Saber Reef tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Stewart Island - Saber Reef.