Stewart Island - Saber Reef Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NNE
Sea Temperature Today is: 11.8 °C
Stewart Island - Saber Reef in Southland is an exposed reef break that is often working and works all around the year. Offshore winds are from the north northeast. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Even when the surf is up, crowds are unknown. Beware of - Urchins - Rips / undertow - Rocks - Sharks.
At Stewart Island - Saber Reef (0 km).
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At South West Cape, 27 km from Stewart Island - Saber Reef.
|light winds from the SE|
Overall Stewart Island - Saber Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
This picture shows the variation of swells directed at Stewart Island - Saber Reef thro... (show all text)
The figure illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Stewart Island - Saber Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Southland surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Stewart Island - Saber Reef
Tide stations nearest to Stewart Island - Saber Reef:
- Closest tide stationPaterson Inlet25 mi
- Second closest tide stationOban25 mi
- Third closest tide stationBluff Harbour48 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationNew River Entrance50 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationColac Bay57 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Stewart Island - Saber Reef:
- Closest ski areaRemarkables155 mi
- Second closest ski areaCoronet Peak163 mi
- Third closest ski areaCardrona170 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Park/Snow Farm171 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Park171 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Stewart Island - Saber Reef:
- Closest city locationInvercargill59 mi
- Second closest city locationDunedin158 mi
- Third closest city locationTimaru255 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChristchurch346 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNelson490 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Stewart Island - Saber Reef is Invercargill Airport (IVC) in New Zealand, which is 95 km (59 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Stewart Island - Saber Reef is Manapouri Airport (TEU), also in New Zealand, 184 km (114 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Stewart Island - Saber Reef, Southland. Use the tab navigation above to view Stewart Island - Saber Reef sea temperature, Stewart Island - Saber Reef photographs, Stewart Island - Saber Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Stewart Island - Saber Reef webcams, current wind from Southland live weather stations and Stewart Island - Saber Reef tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Stewart Island - Saber Reef.