Rye On the Rocks Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell E | Wind W
Sea Temperature Today is: 7.8 °C
Rye On the Rocks in New Hampshire is an exposed reef break that has pretty consitent surf Offshore winds are from the west. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the east. A left hand reef break. Best around mid tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely Take care of rocks in the line up.
For Rye, 4 km from Rye On the Rocks.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Portsmouth, 11 km from Rye On the Rocks.
At Western Maine Shelf Buoy, 22 miles from Rye On the Rocks.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||8||8||8|
Overall Rye On the Rocks Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This chart describes the combination of swells directed at Rye On the Rocks over a norm... (show all text)
This image shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions th... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rye On the Rocks surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to New Hampshire surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rye On the Rocks
- The closest passenger airport to Rye On the Rocks is Laurence G Hanscom Fld (Bedford) Airport (BED) in USA, 71 km (44 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rye On the Rocks is General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS), also in USA, 71 km (44 miles) away.
- Third is Portland International Jetport Airport (PWM) in USA, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ) in USA is 132 km (82 miles) away.
- Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Rye On the Rocks and is 148 km (92 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rye On the Rocks, New Hampshire. Use the tab navigation above to view Rye On the Rocks sea temperature, Rye On the Rocks photographs, Rye On the Rocks detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rye On the Rocks webcams, current wind from New Hampshire live weather stations and Rye On the Rocks tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rye On the Rocks.