Ruggles Spot ID
Photo credit: cruadin
Type: reef and point
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 8.5 °C
Ruggles in Rhode Island is a reasonably exposed reef and point break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds blow from the northwest. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the southeast. Both left and right reef breaks and there is a left hand point break as well. Best around low tide. It's sometimes crowded here. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Castle Hill, Narragansett Bay, Rhode Island, 5 km from Ruggles.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Historic hill Newport wx, 2 km from Ruggles.
At Nantucket Sound Buoy, 58 miles from Ruggles.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||4||4||4||4|
Overall Ruggles Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The figure describes the combination of swells directed at Ruggles through an average A... (show all text)
This chart shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ov... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ruggles surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Rhode Island surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ruggles
Tide stations nearest to Ruggles:
- Closest tide station3 mi
- Second closest tide station3 mi
- Third closest tide station4 mi
- Fourth closest tide station5 mi
- Fifth closest tide station6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ruggles is Theodore Francis Green State (Providence) Airport (PVD) in USA, 31 km (19 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ruggles is North Central State (Smithfield) Airport (SFZ), also in USA, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- Third is Otis Angb (Falmouth) Airport (FMH) in USA, 68 km (42 miles) away.
- General Edward Lawrence Logan International (Boston) Airport (BOS) in USA is 103 km (64 miles) away.
- Nantucket Mem Airport (ACK), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Ruggles and is 106 km (66 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ruggles, Rhode Island. Use the tab navigation above to view Ruggles sea temperature, Ruggles photographs, Ruggles detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ruggles webcams, current wind from Rhode Island live weather stations and Ruggles tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ruggles.