Rossnowlagh Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 12.7 °C
Rossnowlagh in Donegal is a fairly exposed beach break that has pretty consitent surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Rarely crowded here.
Overall Rossnowlagh Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This image describes the range of swells directed at Rossnowlagh through a typical May ... (show all text)
The graph shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rossnowlagh surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Donegal surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rossnowlagh
Ski Resorts closest to Rossnowlagh:
Town and city forecasts close to Rossnowlagh:
- The closest passenger airport to Rossnowlagh is Sligo Airport (SXL) in Ireland, 40 km (25 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rossnowlagh is St Angelo (Enniskillen) Airport (ENK) in England, 42 km (26 miles) away.
- Third is Connaught Airport (NOC) in Ireland, 83 km (52 miles) away.
- Londonderry Eglinton Airport (LDY) in North Ireland is 86 km (53 miles) away.
- Aldergrove (Belfast) Airport (BFS), also in North Ireland is the fifth nearest airport to Rossnowlagh and is 130 km (81 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rossnowlagh, Donegal. Use the tab navigation above to view Rossnowlagh sea temperature, Rossnowlagh photographs, Rossnowlagh detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rossnowlagh webcams, current wind from Donegal live weather stations and Rossnowlagh tide predictions. The Ireland swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ireland and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ireland wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rossnowlagh.