Rosarito Spot ID
Type: beach,reef and rivermouth
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.3 °C
Rosarito in Baja Norte is an exposed beach,reef and rivermouth break that has dependable surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers and there are also left and right hand reef breaks on offer.. Be aware that the sea here is polluted.
For Rosarito, 5 km from Rosarito.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Imperial Beach Airport, 23 km from Rosarito.
|light winds from the SW|
Dry and cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 57 miles from Rosarito.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||16||16||16||16|
Overall Rosarito Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Rosarito through an average J... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rosarito surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rosarito
Visitor Reviews of Rosarito
“I've lived in Rosarito for about a year now and surf almost every day, usually with just one or two other guys or alone. This is a great place with a variety of breaks from punchy beach breaks to long wedgy points and reefs. Everything I read about this place was wrong, the water is clean, it's never really crowded when in comparison to places in California, and it's really safe. I'm actually shocked at how few surfers are in the water, usually a crowded day is about 8 guys, and that only happens in the summer when a good swell comes. I mainly surf at the pier but have surfed other spots that get a little more crowded like K38, Rauls,and Baja Malibu. These spots will usually have more visitors where as the pier is empty most of the time, even when it's firing. I love the local guys here too, they're cool, they share the waves, and they cheer you on when your going for one screaming, "Dále dále!" Which is like sing go for it. Overall, I love surfing here and have not intentions on leaving anytime soon. So if you come down, I'll be the only gringo surfing the pier.”
Kristian from MEXICO - 11 Apr 2016
Tide stations nearest to Rosarito:
- Closest tide stationRosarito3 mi
- Second closest tide stationTijuana9 mi
- Third closest tide stationPrimo Tapia14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationImperial Beach16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationChula Vista16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Rosarito:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)128 mi
- Second closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)129 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)129 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)132 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)135 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Rosarito:
- Closest city locationRosarito3 mi
- Second closest city locationTijuana9 mi
- Third closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChula Vista (United States)16 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNational City (United States)22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Rosarito is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rosarito is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA is 56 km (35 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Rosarito and is 77 km (48 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rosarito, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view Rosarito sea temperature, Rosarito photographs, Rosarito detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rosarito webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and Rosarito tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rosarito.