Rosarito Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
(Baja Norte, Mexico)
Rosarito Spot ID
Type: beach,reef and rivermouth
Best: Swell SW | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.4 °C
Rosarito in Baja Norte is an exposed beach,reef and rivermouth break that has dependable surf. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. The best wind direction is from the east. Waves just as likely from local windswells as from distant groundswells and the best swell direction is from the southwest. The beach break provides left and right handers and there are also left and right hand reef breaks on offer.. Be aware that the sea here is polluted.
For Rosarito, 5 km from Rosarito.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Tijuana International Airport, 21 km from Rosarito.
|light winds from the WSW|
Dry and cloudy
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 57 miles from Rosarito.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||11||12||11||11|
Overall Rosarito Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph illustrates the combination of swells directed at Rosarito through an average... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different dir... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rosarito surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Baja Norte surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rosarito
Visitor Reviews of Rosarito
“En Rosarito Baja Norte hay muchisimos puntos en un tramo muy pequeño, en menos de una hora recorres la costa del municipio de punta a punta. Tenemos tanto point breaks como beach breaks y en dias buenos realmente son de clase mundial, con tubos perfectos over head.”
Chapo Sotelo from MEXICO - 14 Mar 2012
Tide stations nearest to Rosarito:
- Closest tide stationRosarito3 mi
- Second closest tide stationTijuana9 mi
- Third closest tide stationPrimo Tapia14 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationImperial Beach16 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationChula Vista16 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Rosarito:
- Closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)128 mi
- Second closest ski areaBig Bear Mountain (United States)129 mi
- Third closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)129 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)132 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaBear Mountain (United States)135 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Rosarito:
- Closest city locationRosarito (Mexico)3 mi
- Second closest city locationTijuana (Mexico)9 mi
- Third closest city locationImperial Beach (United States)16 mi
- Fourth closest city locationChula Vista (United States)16 mi
- Fifth closest city locationNational City (United States)22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Rosarito is General Abelardo L Rodriguez International (Tijuana) Airport (TIJ) in Mexico, 22 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rosarito is North Island Nas (San Diego) Airport (NZY) in USA, 40 km (25 miles) away.
- Third is San Diego International Lindbergh Fld Airport (SAN) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Miramar Mcas Airport (NKX) in USA is 56 km (35 miles) away.
- General Alberto L Salinas C International (Ensenada) Airport (ESE) in Mexico is the fifth nearest airport to Rosarito and is 77 km (48 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rosarito, Baja Norte. Use the tab navigation above to view Rosarito sea temperature, Rosarito photographs, Rosarito detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rosarito webcams, current wind from Baja Norte live weather stations and Rosarito tide predictions. The Mexico swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Mexico and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Mexico wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rosarito.