Rocky Point Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSW | Wind NW
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.4 °C
Rocky Point in Golfo de Panama is a quite exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf Offshore winds are from the northwest. Tends to receive distant groundswells and the ideal swell angle is from the south southwest. There is a right hand reef break. Best around mid tide. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Watch out for rips and rocks.
Overall Rocky Point Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
The figure shows the variation of swells directed at Rocky Point over a normal August, ... (show all text)
This chart illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rocky Point surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Gulf of Panama surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rocky Point
Tide stations nearest to Rocky Point:
- Closest tide stationVeracruz31 mi
- Second closest tide stationBalboa39 mi
- Third closest tide stationSan Miguelito45 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationPuerto Escondido48 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationCristobal57 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Rocky Point:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)1229 mi
- Second closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)1821 mi
- Third closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)1844 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)1846 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)1849 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Rocky Point:
- Closest city locationLa Chorrera (Panama)26 mi
- Second closest city locationVista Alegre (Panama)32 mi
- Third closest city locationArraijan (Panama)34 mi
- Fourth closest city locationPanama (Panama)42 mi
- Fifth closest city locationSan Miguelito (Panama)45 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Rocky Point is Howard Afb Airport (HOW) in Panama, which is 55 km (34 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rocky Point is Marcos A Gelabert International (Panama) Airport (PAC), also in Panama, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- The third closest airport is Tocumen International (Panama City) Airport (PTY), also in Panama, 84 km (52 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rocky Point, Gulf of Panama. Use the tab navigation above to view Rocky Point sea temperature, Rocky Point photographs, Rocky Point detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rocky Point webcams, current wind from Gulf of Panama live weather stations and Rocky Point tide predictions. The Panama swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Panama and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Panama wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rocky Point.