Robert Moses State Park Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 19.3 °C
Robert Moses State Park in Long Island NY is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. Offshore winds are from the northwest with some shelter here from west winds. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southeast. The beach break offers both left and right hand waves. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Take care of the strong rips here.
For Fire Island Coast Guard Station, Long Island, New York, 1 km from Robert Moses State Park.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At West Islip, 8 km from Robert Moses State Park.
At Long Island Buoy, 26 miles from Robert Moses State Park.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||8||7||8||8|
Overall Robert Moses State Park Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart shows the variation of swells directed at Robert Moses State Park through an... (show all text)
This image illustrates how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different di... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Robert Moses State Park surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Robert Moses State Park
Visitor Reviews of Robert Moses State Park
“Great beach. Nice clean water. Weekends way too crowded, but that's Long Island. Field 3 restrooms are nice and clean. recently could not get into field 3 so visited field 2. Restrooms a complete nightmare!! Long lines for ladies restroom..stench of urine..dirty..outdated..not sure where the ten dollars a carload goes but I would make those eyesores a priority.”
joe smith from UNITED STATES - 26 Aug 2014
Tide stations nearest to Robert Moses State Park:
- Closest tide stationFire Island Coast Guard Station, Long Island1 mi
- Second closest tide stationOakbeach, Long Island1 mi
- Third closest tide stationFire Island Breakwater, Long Island2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationOak Beach, Great South Bay2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationDemocrat Point, Fire Island Inlet, Long Island2 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Robert Moses State Park:
- Closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)51 mi
- Second closest ski areaCampgaw Mountain (United States)57 mi
- Third closest ski areaThunder Ridge (United States)63 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)67 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSterling Forest Ski Center (United States)68 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Robert Moses State Park:
- Closest city locationWest Islip (United States)6 mi
- Second closest city locationLindenhurst (United States)7 mi
- Third closest city locationWest Babylon (United States)8 mi
- Fourth closest city locationDeer Park (United States)11 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBrentwood (United States)11 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Robert Moses State Park is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP) in USA, 23 km (14 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Robert Moses State Park is John F Kennedy International (New York) Airport (JFK), also in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away.
- Third is La Guardia (New York) Airport (LGA) in USA, 53 km (33 miles) away.
- The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA is 58 km (36 miles) away.
- Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Robert Moses State Park and is 60 km (37 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Robert Moses State Park, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Robert Moses State Park sea temperature, Robert Moses State Park photographs, Robert Moses State Park detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Robert Moses State Park webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Robert Moses State Park tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Robert Moses State Park.