Road K Spot ID
Photo credit: Maya
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.2 °C
Road K in Long Island New Yorkis a sandbar break that is usually a safe bet and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded.
For Ponquogue Bridge, New York, 2 km from Road K.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hampton Bays, 3 km from Road K.
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 22 miles from Road K.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||2||2||3||3|
Overall Road K Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
The graph illustrates the variation of swells directed at Road K through a typical July... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from differen... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Road K surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Road K
Tide stations nearest to Road K:
- Closest tide stationPonquogue Bridge1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPonquoque Point, Shinnecock Bay1 mi
- Third closest tide stationShinnecock Inlet (ocean), Long Island2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationShinnecock Yacht Club, Penniman Creek, Shinnecock Bay2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShinnecock Bay entrance, Shinnecock Bay3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Road K:
- Closest ski areaPowder Ridge47 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area56 mi
- Third closest ski areaYawgoo Valley70 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center72 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThunder Ridge73 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Road K:
- Closest city locationShirley19 mi
- Second closest city locationCoram25 mi
- Third closest city locationHolbrook30 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCentereach31 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBranford35 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Road K is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Road K is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA is 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Road K and is 104 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Road K, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Road K sea temperature, Road K photographs, Road K detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Road K webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Road K tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Road K.