Road K Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 20.4 °C
Road K in Long Island New Yorkis a sandbar break that has very reliable surf and works all around the year. Works best in offshore winds from the north northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the ideal swell angle is from the south southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, crowds are likely
For Ponquogue Bridge, New York, 2 km from Road K.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hampton Bays, 4 km from Road K.
|light winds from the ENE|
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 22 miles from Road K.
|Data Age||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr||0 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
Overall Road K Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in October
This image illustrates the combination of swells directed at Road K through an average ... (show all text)
The graph describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Road K surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Road K
Tide stations nearest to Road K:
- Closest tide stationPonquogue Bridge1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPonquoque Point, Shinnecock Bay1 mi
- Third closest tide stationShinnecock Inlet (ocean), Long Island2 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationShinnecock Yacht Club, Penniman Creek, Shinnecock Bay2 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationShinnecock Bay entrance, Shinnecock Bay3 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Road K:
- Closest ski areaPowder Ridge (United States)47 mi
- Second closest ski areaMount Southington Ski Area (United States)56 mi
- Third closest ski areaYawgoo Valley (United States)70 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaTuxedo Ridge Ski Center (United States)72 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaThunder Ridge (United States)73 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Road K:
- Closest city locationShirley (United States)19 mi
- Second closest city locationCoram (United States)25 mi
- Third closest city locationHolbrook (United States)30 mi
- Fourth closest city locationCentereach (United States)31 mi
- Fifth closest city locationBranford (United States)35 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Road K, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Road K sea temperature, Road K photographs, Road K detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Road K webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Road K tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Road K.