Road K Spot ID
Photo credit: Maya
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SSE | Wind NNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 24.1 °C
Road K in Long Island New Yorkis a sandbar break that has very consistent surf and works all around the year. Offshore winds blow from the north northwest. Windswells and groundswells in equal measure and the best swell direction is from the south southeast. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded.
For Ponquogue Bridge, New York, 2 km from Road K.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Hampton Bays, 3 km from Road K.
At Central Long Island Sound Buoy, 22 miles from Road K.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||3||-||-||-|
Overall Road K Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image shows the range of swells directed at Road K over a normal August, based on ... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different direc... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Road K surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Long Island NY surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Road K
Tide stations nearest to Road K:
- Closest tide station1 mi
- Second closest tide station1 mi
- Third closest tide station2 mi
- Fourth closest tide station2 mi
- Fifth closest tide station3 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Road K is The Francis S Gabreski (West Hampton Beach) Airport (FOK) in USA, 10 km (6 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Road K is Long Island Mac Arthur (Islip) Airport (ISP), also in USA, 50 km (31 miles) away.
- Third is Igor I Sikorsky Mem (Stratford) Airport (BDR) in USA, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Hartford Brainard Airport (HFD) in USA is 101 km (63 miles) away.
- Westchester Co (White Plains) Airport (HPN), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Road K and is 104 km (65 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Road K, Long Island NY. Use the tab navigation above to view Road K sea temperature, Road K photographs, Road K detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Road K webcams, current wind from Long Island NY live weather stations and Road K tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Road K.