Riviera Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Riviera in Orange Countyis a beach break that has very consistent waves. Summer offers the optimum conditions for surfing. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Beware of - Rips / undertow - Pollution.
For San Clemente, California, 1 km from Riviera.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At San Clemente, 1 km from Riviera.
At San Clemente Basin Buoy, 68 miles from Riviera.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||15||16||15|
Overall Riviera Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure describes the variation of swells directed at Riviera over a normal June and... (show all text)
This chart shows how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Riviera surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Orange County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Riviera
Tide stations nearest to Riviera:
- Closest tide stationSan Clemente1 mi
- Second closest tide stationDana Point7 mi
- Third closest tide stationLaguna Niguel10 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLaguna Beach14 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationOceanside19 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Riviera:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy55 mi
- Second closest ski areaSnow Valley65 mi
- Third closest ski areaMountain High resort67 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area68 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit70 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Riviera:
- Closest city locationSan Clemente1 mi
- Second closest city locationDana Point7 mi
- Third closest city locationSan Juan Capistrano7 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLaguna Niguel10 mi
- Fifth closest city locationAliso Viejo13 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Riviera is John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA) in USA, 38 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Riviera is Tustin Mcaf Airport (NTK), also in USA, 39 km (24 miles) away.
- Third is March Arb (Riverside) Airport (RIV) in USA, 62 km (39 miles) away.
- Riverside Muni Airport (RAL) in USA is 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Long Beach Airport (LGB), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Riviera and is 68 km (42 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Riviera, CAL - Orange County. Use the tab navigation above to view Riviera sea temperature, Riviera photographs, Riviera detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Riviera webcams, current wind from CAL - Orange County live weather stations and Riviera tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Riviera.