Riversdale Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SE | Wind WNW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.3 °C
Riversdale in the Waiararpa is an exposed beach break that has quite reliable surf and can work at any time of the year. The best wind direction is from the west northwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the best swell direction is from the southeast. The beach breaks offer lefts and rights. Best around high tide. Rarely crowded here. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Riversdale Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph illustrates the range of swells directed at Riversdale through an average Apr... (show all text)
The rose diagram describes how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Riversdale surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Wairarapa surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Riversdale
- The closest passenger airport to Riversdale is Masterton Airport (MRO) in New Zealand, 39 km (24 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Riversdale is Paraparaumu Airport (PPQ), also in New Zealand, 94 km (58 miles) away.
- Third is Palmerston North Airport (PMR) in New Zealand, 95 km (59 miles) away.
- Wellington International Airport (WLG) in New Zealand is 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Wanganui Airport (WAG), also in New Zealand is the fifth nearest airport to Riversdale and is 154 km (96 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Riversdale, Wairarapa. Use the tab navigation above to view Riversdale sea temperature, Riversdale photographs, Riversdale detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Riversdale webcams, current wind from Wairarapa live weather stations and Riversdale tide predictions. The New Zealand swell maps link will open up the big picture showing New Zealand and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from New Zealand wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Riversdale.