Rivermouth Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 27.4 °C
Rivermouth in SW is an exposed river break that has reasonably consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. Offshore winds are from the northeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. The river breaks offer lefts and rights. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. The water quality here is rather suspect.
Overall Rivermouth Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The rose diagram describes the combination of swells directed at Rivermouth over a norm... (show all text)
This picture shows how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directions ... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rivermouth surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rivermouth
Tide stations nearest to Rivermouth:
- Closest tide stationAmbalangoda9 mi
- Second closest tide stationGalle9 mi
- Third closest tide stationBentota22 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationWeligama23 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationMatara31 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Rivermouth:
- Closest ski areaAuli (India)1690 mi
- Second closest ski areaKufri (India)1745 mi
- Third closest ski areaManali (Himachal Heli-Ski) (India)1818 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSolang Valley Ropeway & Ski Centre (India)1821 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaGulmarg (India)1966 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Rivermouth:
- Closest city locationGalle11 mi
- Second closest city locationBentota22 mi
- Third closest city locationBeruwala26 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMatara31 mi
- Fifth closest city locationKalutara34 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Rivermouth is Colombo Ratmalana Airport (RML) in Sri Lanka, which is 82 km (51 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Rivermouth is Bandaranaike International (Colombo) Airport (CMB), also in Sri Lanka, 121 km (75 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rivermouth, West. Use the tab navigation above to view Rivermouth sea temperature, Rivermouth photographs, Rivermouth detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rivermouth webcams, current wind from West live weather stations and Rivermouth tide predictions. The Sri Lanka swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Sri Lanka and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Sri Lanka wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rivermouth.