Riomar Reef Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell N | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 29.7 °C
Riomar Reef in North Florida is a quite exposed beach and reef break. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the north. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around low tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for sharks, rips and rocks.
For Vero Beach, Florida, 2 km from Riomar Reef.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Vero Beach, 4 km from Riomar Reef.
At Canaveral Buoy, 63 miles from Riomar Reef.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||10||-||-||11|
Overall Riomar Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This chart shows the combination of swells directed at Riomar Reef through a typical Au... (show all text)
This image illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Riomar Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Riomar Reef
Tide stations nearest to Riomar Reef:
- Closest tide stationVero Beach1 mi
- Second closest tide stationOslo2 mi
- Third closest tide stationVero Beach (ocean)3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationGifford5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationWabasso10 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Riomar Reef:
- Closest ski areaCloudmont (United States)534 mi
- Second closest ski areaSapphire Valley (United States)540 mi
- Third closest ski areaScaly Mountain (United States)541 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSky Valley (United States)541 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaCataloochee (United States)573 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Riomar Reef:
- Closest city locationFort Pierce (United States)12 mi
- Second closest city locationPort Saint Lucie (United States)24 mi
- Third closest city locationPalm Bay (United States)32 mi
- Fourth closest city locationMelbourne (United States)35 mi
- Fifth closest city locationJupiter (United States)50 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Riomar Reef is Vero Beach Muni Airport (VRB) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Riomar Reef is Melbourne International Airport (MLB), also in USA, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Patrick Afb (Coco Beach) Airport (COF) in USA, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Palm Beach International (West Palm Beach) Airport (PBI) in USA is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Palm Beach Co Park (West Palm Beach) Airport (LNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Riomar Reef and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Riomar Reef, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Riomar Reef sea temperature, Riomar Reef photographs, Riomar Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Riomar Reef webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Riomar Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Riomar Reef.