Riomar Reef Spot ID
Type: beach and reef
Reliability: rarely breaks
Best: Swell N | Wind WSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.1 °C
Riomar Reef in North Florida is a quite exposed beach and reef break. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. The best wind direction is from the west southwest. Groundswells and windswells are equally likely and the ideal swell direction is from the north. A choice of left and right reefs. Best around low tide. Even when there are waves, it's not likley to be crowded. Watch out for sharks, rips and rocks.
Overall Riomar Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in February
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Riomar Reef over a normal February... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Riomar Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Florida - North surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Riomar Reef
- The closest passenger airport to Riomar Reef is Vero Beach Muni Airport (VRB) in USA, 7 km (4 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Riomar Reef is Melbourne International Airport (MLB), also in USA, 60 km (37 miles) away.
- Third is Patrick Afb (Coco Beach) Airport (COF) in USA, 72 km (45 miles) away.
- Palm Beach International (West Palm Beach) Airport (PBI) in USA is 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Palm Beach Co Park (West Palm Beach) Airport (LNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Riomar Reef and is 118 km (73 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Riomar Reef, Florida - North. Use the tab navigation above to view Riomar Reef sea temperature, Riomar Reef photographs, Riomar Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Riomar Reef webcams, current wind from Florida - North live weather stations and Riomar Reef tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Riomar Reef.