Rio Tulin Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 30.0 °C
Rio Tulin in Golfo de Nicoya is an exposed river break that has fairly consistent surf The best wind direction is from the northeast. Groundswells are more common than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest. Waves at the river break both left and right. It very rarely gets crowded here. Beware of rips and crocodiles.
Overall Rio Tulin Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in May
This picture describes the range of swells directed at Rio Tulin through a typical May ... (show all text)
The figure shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rio Tulin surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Golfo de Nicoya surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rio Tulin
Ski Resorts closest to Rio Tulin:
- The closest passenger airport to Rio Tulin is Quepos Managua Airport (XQP) in Costa Rica, 48 km (30 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rio Tulin is Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO), also in Costa Rica, 63 km (39 miles) away.
- Third is Nosara Airport (NOB) in Costa Rica, 129 km (80 miles) away.
- Palmar Sur Airport (PMZ) in Costa Rica is 136 km (84 miles) away.
- Daniel Oduber Quiros International (Liberia) Airport (LIR), also in Costa Rica is the fifth nearest airport to Rio Tulin and is 159 km (99 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rio Tulin, Golfo de Nicoya. Use the tab navigation above to view Rio Tulin sea temperature, Rio Tulin photographs, Rio Tulin detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rio Tulin webcams, current wind from Golfo de Nicoya live weather stations and Rio Tulin tide predictions. The Costa Rica swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Costa Rica and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Costa Rica wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rio Tulin.