Rio Chico Surf Forecast and Surf Reports
Rio Chico Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell SW | Wind ENE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.9 °C
Rio Chico in Manabi is an exposed point break that has very reliable surf. Autumn and winter are the favoured times of year for waves. Works best in offshore winds from the east northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the southwest.The waves is a point break that peels left. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Surfing here means negotiating dangerous rips.
Overall Rio Chico Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in April
The graph describes the range of swells directed at Rio Chico through a typical April a... (show all text)
The rose diagram shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rio Chico surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Manabi surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rio Chico
Visitor Reviews of Rio Chico
Tide stations nearest to Rio Chico:
- Closest tide stationPuerto Lopez7 mi
- Second closest tide stationLa Libertad39 mi
- Third closest tide stationSanta Elena39 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationSalinas40 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationManta51 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Rio Chico:
- Closest ski areaHuascaran (Peru)561 mi
- Second closest ski areaChacaltaya (Bolivia)1340 mi
- Third closest ski areaSki Arpa (Chile)2245 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaPortillo (Chile)2264 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaLos Penitentes (Argentina)2266 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Rio Chico:
- Closest city locationJipijapa (Ecuador)28 mi
- Second closest city locationLa Libertad (Ecuador)39 mi
- Third closest city locationSanta Elena (Ecuador)39 mi
- Fourth closest city locationSalinas (Ecuador)40 mi
- Fifth closest city locationPortoviejo (Ecuador)45 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Rio Chico is General Ulpiano Paez (Salinas) Airport (SNC) in Ecuador, 63 km (39 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rio Chico is Reales Tamarindos (Portoviejo) Airport (PVO), also in Ecuador, 79 km (49 miles) away.
- Third is Eloy Alfaro International (Manta) Airport (MEC) in Ecuador, 81 km (50 miles) away.
- Simon Bolivar International (Guayaquil) Airport (GYE) in Ecuador is 118 km (73 miles) away.
- General Serrano (Machala) Airport (MCH), also in Ecuador is the fifth nearest airport to Rio Chico and is 202 km (125 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rio Chico, Manabi. Use the tab navigation above to view Rio Chico sea temperature, Rio Chico photographs, Rio Chico detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rio Chico webcams, current wind from Manabi live weather stations and Rio Chico tide predictions. The Ecuador swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Ecuador and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Ecuador wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rio Chico.