Rincon - Indicator Spot ID
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind NE
Sea Temperature Today is: 17.8 °C
Rincon Point in Ventura is a fairly exposed point break that has very consistent surf, although summer tends to be mostly flat. The best wind direction is from the northeast. Most of the surf here comes from groundswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west northwest. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Often Crowded. Hazards include rocks, locals and sharks.
For Rincon Island, California, 4 km from Rincon - Indicator.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Oak View, 18 km from Rincon - Indicator.
At East Santa Barbara Buoy, 22 miles from Rincon - Indicator.
|Data Age||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr||1 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Average period (s)||5.7||-||-||6.0|
Overall Rincon - Indicator Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in June
The figure illustrates the combination of swells directed at Rincon - Indicator over a ... (show all text)
This chart describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different direction... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Rincon - Indicator surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - Ventura surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Rincon - Indicator
Tide stations nearest to Rincon - Indicator:
- Closest tide stationRincon Island2 mi
- Second closest tide stationRincon Island, Mussel Shoals2 mi
- Third closest tide stationCarpinteria3 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationMontecito10 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationSanta Barbara12 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Rincon - Indicator:
- Closest ski areaMountain High resort103 mi
- Second closest ski areaMt Baldy103 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area103 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaAlta Sierra at Shirley Meadows106 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Valley140 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Rincon - Indicator:
- Closest city locationVentura14 mi
- Second closest city locationSanta Barbara15 mi
- Third closest city locationOxnard Shores19 mi
- Fourth closest city locationGoleta21 mi
- Fifth closest city locationOxnard22 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Rincon - Indicator is Point Mugu Nas Airport (NTD) in USA, 43 km (27 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Rincon - Indicator is Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR), also in USA, 105 km (65 miles) away.
- Third is Vandenberg Afb (Lompoc) Airport (VBG) in USA, 108 km (67 miles) away.
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in USA is 109 km (68 miles) away.
- Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Rincon - Indicator and is 116 km (72 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Rincon - Indicator, CAL - Ventura. Use the tab navigation above to view Rincon - Indicator sea temperature, Rincon - Indicator photographs, Rincon - Indicator detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Rincon - Indicator webcams, current wind from CAL - Ventura live weather stations and Rincon - Indicator tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Rincon - Indicator.