Ricks Reef Spot ID
Best: Swell N | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 28.8 °C
Ricks Reef in - is an exposed reef break that only works once in a while. Winter is the favoured time of year for surfing here. Works best in offshore winds from the southeast. Most of the surf comes fis in the form of windswells and the best wave direction is from the north. A reef breaks right. Best around high tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Beware of rocks,shallow reef.
Overall Ricks Reef Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The rose diagram illustrates the combination of swells directed at Ricks Reef through a... (show all text)
This picture describes how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directi... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ricks Reef surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Guam surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ricks Reef
Ski Resorts closest to Ricks Reef:
- The closest passenger airport to Ricks Reef is Guam International (Agana) Airport (GUM) in Mariana Islands, 3 km (2 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ricks Reef is Andersen Afb Airport (UAM), also in Mariana Islands, 20 km (12 miles) away.
- Third is Rota International Airport (ROP) in Mariana Islands, 92 km (57 miles) away.
- West Tinian Airport (TNI) in Mariana Islands is 191 km (119 miles) away.
- Saipan International Airport (SPN), also in Mariana Islands is the fifth nearest airport to Ricks Reef and is 209 km (130 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ricks Reef, Guam. Use the tab navigation above to view Ricks Reef sea temperature, Ricks Reef photographs, Ricks Reef detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ricks Reef webcams, current wind from Guam live weather stations and Ricks Reef tide predictions. The Guam swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Guam and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Guam wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ricks Reef.