Ria Foz Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell NNW | Wind SSW
Sea Temperature Today is: 15.6 °C
Ria Foz in Galicia is a reasonably exposed river break that has quite reliable surf. The best time of year for waves is autumn. Offshore winds blow from the south southwest. Tends to receive a mix of groundswells and windswells and the ideal swell angle is from the north northwest. The river breaks favour lefts. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Watch out for rips near river.
Overall Ria Foz Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Ria Foz through a typical De... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Ria Foz surf consistency graph.
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to Galicia surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Ria Foz
Tide stations nearest to Ria Foz:
- Closest tide stationFoz1 mi
- Second closest tide stationBurela de Cabo8 mi
- Third closest tide stationRibadeo11 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationVivero17 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationNavia27 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Ria Foz:
- Closest ski areaLeitariegos (Spain)63 mi
- Second closest ski areaValgrande-Pajares (Spain)86 mi
- Third closest ski areaManzaneda (Spain)91 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaFuentes de Invierno (Spain)101 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSan-Isidro (Spain)101 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Ria Foz:
- Closest city locationLugo (Spain)43 mi
- Second closest city locationNaron (Spain)45 mi
- Third closest city locationEl Ferrol (Spain)48 mi
- Fourth closest city locationOleiros (Spain)55 mi
- Fifth closest city locationCulleredo (Spain)60 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Ria Foz is A Coruna (La Coruna) Airport (LCG) in Spain, 95 km (59 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Ria Foz is Asturias (Aviles) Airport (OVD), also in Spain, 99 km (61 miles) away.
- Third is Santiago Airport (SCQ) in Spain, 121 km (75 miles) away.
- Vigo Airport (VGO) in Spain is 187 km (116 miles) away.
- Braganca Airport (BGC) in Acores is the fifth nearest airport to Ria Foz and is 196 km (122 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Ria Foz, Galicia. Use the tab navigation above to view Ria Foz sea temperature, Ria Foz photographs, Ria Foz detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Ria Foz webcams, current wind from Galicia live weather stations and Ria Foz tide predictions. The Spain (Europe) swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Spain (Europe) and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Spain (Europe) wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Ria Foz.