Resort Spot ID
Reliability: fairly consistent
Best: Swell S | Wind SE
Sea Temperature Today is: 26.7 °C
Resort in Vezo Reefs is a fairly exposed reef break that has fairly consistent surf. Winter is the optimum time of year for surfing here. Offshore winds are from the southeast. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell direction is from the south. There are left and right breaking reefs. Unlikely to be too crowded, even when the surf is up. Hazards include coral, sharks and rocks.
Overall Resort Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in December
The rose diagram describes the range of swells directed at Resort over a normal Decembe... (show all text)
This picture shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Resort surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to West surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Resort
Ski Resorts closest to Resort:
- Closest ski areaAfri-Ski (Lesotho)993 mi
- Second closest ski areaTiffindell (South Africa)1083 mi
- Third closest ski areaMatroosberg (South Africa)1601 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSepidan Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3768 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaPooladkaf Ski Resort (Iran (Islamic Republic of))3772 mi
- The nearest passenger airport to Resort is Toliara Airport (TLE) in Madagascar, which is 26 km (16 miles) away (directly).
- The second closest airport to Resort is Morombe Airport (MXM), also in Madagascar, 208 km (129 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Resort, West. Use the tab navigation above to view Resort sea temperature, Resort photographs, Resort detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Resort webcams, current wind from West live weather stations and Resort tide predictions. The Madagascar swell maps link will open up the big picture showing Madagascar and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from Madagascar wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Resort.