Redondo Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Johnson
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 16.5 °C
Redondo Beach in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has very consistent surf. The surf tends to be best in the spring. Ideal winds are from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the ideal swell direction is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. The quality of the surf isn't affected by the tide. When it's working here, it can get crowded. Watch out for .
For King Harbor, Santa Monica Bay, California, 2 km from Redondo Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At South Redondo Redondo Beach wx, 1 km from Redondo Beach.
Overall Redondo Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in March
This chart describes the range of swells directed at Redondo Beach through a typical Ma... (show all text)
This image shows how commonly and how strongly the wind blows from different directions... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Redondo Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Redondo Beach
- The closest passenger airport to Redondo Beach is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Redondo Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 42 km (26 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Redondo Beach and is 51 km (32 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Redondo Beach, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Redondo Beach sea temperature, Redondo Beach photographs, Redondo Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Redondo Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Redondo Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Redondo Beach.