Redondo Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Johnson
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 22.0 °C
Redondo Beach in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has very reliable surf. The surf tends to be optimum in the spring. Ideal winds are from the east. Groundswells more frequent than windswells and the optimum swell angle is from the west. The beach break provides left and right handers. Good surf at all stages of the tide. When the surf is up, it can get quite busy in the water. Watch out for .
For King Harbor, Santa Monica Bay, California, 2 km from Redondo Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Redondo Beach, 2 km from Redondo Beach.
|light winds from the W|
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from Redondo Beach.
|Data Age||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr||2 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||6||6||5||6|
Overall Redondo Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in August
This image shows the combination of swells directed at Redondo Beach through an average... (show all text)
The graph illustrates how often and how strongly the wind blows from different directio... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Redondo Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Redondo Beach
Visitor Reviews of Redondo Beach
Tide stations nearest to Redondo Beach:
- Closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPalos Verdes Estates2 mi
- Third closest tide stationManhattan Beach4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLomita5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRancho Palos Verdes6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Redondo Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy (United States)47 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort (United States)55 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area (United States)56 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley (United States)82 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit (United States)90 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Redondo Beach:
- Closest city locationRedondo Beach (United States)1 mi
- Second closest city locationTorrance (United States)4 mi
- Third closest city locationManhattan Beach (United States)4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLawndale (United States)5 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRancho Palos Verdes (United States)6 mi
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Redondo Beach, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Redondo Beach sea temperature, Redondo Beach photographs, Redondo Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Redondo Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Redondo Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Redondo Beach.