Redondo Beach Spot ID
Photo credit: Johnson
Reliability: very consistent
Best: Swell W | Wind E
Sea Temperature Today is: 21.6 °C
Redondo Beach in Los Angeles Countyis a beach break that has very reliable surf. The surf tends to be best in the spring. Works best in offshore winds from the east. Clean groundswells prevail and the ideal swell angle is from the west. Waves at the beach break both left and right. Good surf at all stages of the tide. Sometimes crowded. Hazards include .
For King Harbor, Santa Monica Bay, California, 2 km from Redondo Beach.
|NEXT||IS AT (local time)||remaining|
At Redondo Beach, 2 km from Redondo Beach.
At Santa Monica Basin Buoy, 39 miles from Redondo Beach.
|Data Age||6 hr||5 hr||4 hr||3 hr|
|Wave height (m)||
|Dominant period (s)||15||17||17||17|
Overall Redondo Beach Surf Consistency and Wind Distribution in July
This chart illustrates the variation of swells directed at Redondo Beach through an ave... (show all text)
This image describes how frequently and how strongly the wind blows from different dire... (show all text)
The two graphs above are also combined in the single Redondo Beach surf consistency graph.
Surf photos from
|Contours:||Roads & Rivers:||Select a surf spot from the menu|
Use this relief map to navigate to CAL - LA County surf spots and tide stations that are in the area of Redondo Beach
Tide stations nearest to Redondo Beach:
- Closest tide stationKing Harbor, Santa Monica Bay1 mi
- Second closest tide stationPalos Verdes Estates2 mi
- Third closest tide stationManhattan Beach4 mi
- Fourth closest tide stationLomita5 mi
- Fifth closest tide stationRancho Palos Verdes6 mi
Ski Resorts closest to Redondo Beach:
- Closest ski areaMt Baldy47 mi
- Second closest ski areaMountain High resort55 mi
- Third closest ski areaSunrise Ski Area56 mi
- Fourth closest ski areaSnow Valley82 mi
- Fifth closest ski areaSnow Summit90 mi
Town and city forecasts close to Redondo Beach:
- Closest city locationRedondo Beach1 mi
- Second closest city locationTorrance4 mi
- Third closest city locationManhattan Beach4 mi
- Fourth closest city locationLawndale5 mi
- Fifth closest city locationRancho Palos Verdes6 mi
- The closest passenger airport to Redondo Beach is Jack Northrop Fld Hawthorne Muni Airport (HHR) in USA, 12 km (7 miles) away (directly).
- The second nearest airport to Redondo Beach is Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), also in USA, 13 km (8 miles) away.
- Third is Long Beach Airport (LGB) in USA, 22 km (14 miles) away.
- Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport (BUR) in USA is 42 km (26 miles) away.
- John Wayne Arpt Orange Co (Santa Ana) Airport (SNA), also in USA is the fifth nearest airport to Redondo Beach and is 51 km (32 miles) away.
This is the Surf-Forecast page for Redondo Beach, CAL - LA County. Use the tab navigation above to view Redondo Beach sea temperature, Redondo Beach photographs, Redondo Beach detailed swell predictions, wind and weather forecasts, Redondo Beach webcams, current wind from CAL - LA County live weather stations and Redondo Beach tide predictions. The United States swell maps link will open up the big picture showing United States and the surrounding seas. These swell maps can be animated to show the different swell components, wave energy, wave period, wave heights, together with wind and weather forecasts, current weather and sea state observations from United States wave-buoys, passing ships and coastal weather stations. Each of the forecast pages for this surf break feature a global and regional wavefinder tool to locate the best surf conditions in the area around Redondo Beach.